Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
Mosnowman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19731
About Froze to Death Last Night...Thoughts?

Well not real happy with my brand new 2018 3721RL furnace in 30 degree weather last night. The furnace would kick on and blow cold air only. I checked stove to see if propane was out...it worked fine. Here were the symptoms and what I did with my very limitied knowledge.

Turned on furnace first and set thermostat to 75...kicked on ...cold air only. I could hear a strange noise underneath/outside after a few minutes..I’m guessing igniter was trying to fire?

Turned up thermostat to maximum..cold air only..strange noise continued every few minutes.

We used the furnace a week prior and it worked.

I checked the inside 15 amp fuse and it was fine. Not sure what to do at this point? I purchased it at Camping World in Columbia, Mo. It currently sits on my lake property 2 hours away. I really don’t trust Camping World service anymore so I am wondering about warranty work. There is a local new dealer a few miles from my lake place. Small town...totally trustworthy guy. I have several questions..

What do it yourself steps should I take next?

Do all Keystone Dealers do warranty work even if you didn’t buy the RV from them? This guy doesn’t carry Montana line, but I assume the furnaces are all the same?

Thanks for any help.
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote