Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
At Last!!!!

It has been a long time, seems like an eternity, since we ordered the Monty on Jan. 20. It finally wandered into Houston last Friday.
We got a quick look at it on Saturday and had walk-thru scheduled for Monday. The walk-thru for the most part was good. Only found a few minor things that they had to do on site. The one thing that was of concern was the LP gas system. The regulator on the kitchen stove was found leaking. Bad thing is they pulled six off the shelf for replacement and all these also failed. We left after spending most of the day waiting for the repair. Yesterday after finding a regulator that would not leak, the main gas system failed a manometer test. They spent all day looking for the leak and found the "T" that goes to the furnace had a pin hole on the very top, looks like it was a casting fault. They called us at 5PM and we hurriedly drove the 50 miles to pick it up. The LP system was the only inspection left for us to do and it went quickly.

Coming home I could not get over how easily it pulled. The truck squatted about 1" more than it did with the old TT, but it towed better than the old 5er and it was about 800# lighter than the Monty.
Backing it in off a narrow street in the dark last night was a challenge. We have spent all day today getting all our things together and putting our personal touch on it. The only thing I found today that we missed on the PDI was the plug on the washer drain apparently contacted some PVC cement during installation because this will not move. This is not a big thing since we are not full-timing and do not have a W/D combo. First trip back to the dealer I will let them sort this out.

I had some concern about the thermostat situation from everything that I read here on the forum, but from what I was able to see today was that, yes, it is reading about 6 degrees high, but does control
the temp within 1 deg. of set point. Unless there are other problems I will probably live with this. Otherwise life is great, we are just about back in the camping mode. Weather has been good in this area lately, can't wait to get back on the road again.

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Wich one did you get? Great news as we are waiting for new Monty.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:42 PM   #3
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Congratulations! Best of luck and happy camping to you!
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #4
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Glad it finally came in Charlie. Ours came in 2 weeks ago and Glenda and I have gone to see it a couple of times. I'm not bringing it home until April 6 in hopes we get rid of some of the snow. It's snowing pretty heavy tonight but it is supposed to be above freezing tomorrow so this snow will not stay.

Good luck getting evrything ready and happy motoring!!
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Congratulations! I know that you will love that unit!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congratulations and glad everything worked out well!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Congrats. Charlie,

Glad to hear you finally got her home. Tell us about her.

Happy Camping,

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:49 PM   #8
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Charlie, Can hear the excitement in your post. Always fun to share in the delivery of a new unit with a Montana owner. You have chosen a great unit. We love our 3295RK. Be sure to post and share your first outing with us. Safe travel and many happy miles in your new wheel estate.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Charlie Congrats on your new unit. On the washer drain - they are glued on. We spent about an hour trying to get it off and finally I got the hair dryer out and in just a few minutes the glue was soft enough to unscrew the cap. Another great use for hair dryers!
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #10
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Sue-
Thanks, I will try that the hair dryer trick on the drain tomorrow. I had a pair of channel locks and holding back up with a pipe wrench...thought I better quit pulling before I broke something. rlwhit....it is 3295RK.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:32 PM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations, Charlie. Sweeny will never be the same with a Montana fanatic around. You don't have to answer, but is your dealer Holiday World? Happy camping.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:13 AM   #12
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Stiles,
Yes we bought the Monty at Holdiday World in Katy, on I-10. They really went out of their way to make everything happen right, so far very happy with them, appears they want satisfied customers.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #13
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congrats on the new Monty!! We'll look forward to your RVing adventures.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations to both Charlie and Chester! We look forward to hearing more from both of you!

I'm sure curious why the glue on the caps. Almost sounds like thread compound (anti-leak) that took a set.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #15
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Steve-
You could be right about thread compound that took a set....whatever it is I could not make the plug turn with a pair of channel locks on the plug and a 18" pipe wrench holding back-up on the coupling. As we will use this area for storage, not worried about it right now, will let the dealer take care of it first time I take it in.