Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
drpuckett
Established Member

M.O.C. #1904
Travel to Baja California

I tried this forum last evening and somehow my topic got moved and I can't find it. I received an e-mail telling me it was moved but I could not locate it. I will try again. I am considering a caraventure to Baja thru Good Sams and I have never been on a trip to Baja. If anyone has ever been to Baja I would appreciate some feed back on it concerning lateral costs such as Mexican auto insurance and any other unforeseen costs that might surprise me. Also, the quality of campgrounds and facilities, etc. Looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks

drpuckett Duramax 2500HD and 2004 Montana 3255.

drpuckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Drpuckett, I see your other post under the General Discussion/General forum. That one has several replies.

If you are not seeing a whole list of forums, then you're probably not really logged in even though it might have told you you are. Check on the upper right where there is a button with a truck and fifthwheel. If it says "IN", then you are not really logged in. In that case, here's the fixes that usually work for this. This is copied from a post helping someone else with this problem:

------------
Here's what I've saved that has helped others with this same login problem. Let me know if it helps or not. If this doesn't do it, try this - in Internet Explorer, Tools/internet options/, then on the General tab click the Delete Cookies button. The new forum software uses a different cookie so this has worked for some when the following doesn't help.
-----------
This problem is often caused by your privacy settings not accepting cookies from forumco.com. It tells you you are logged in but then won't allow full access. Here's some info that has helped others with this problem. If this does not fix your problem, please let us know and we'll look for a different solution.

For people using Internet Explorer try this - >> > Open Internet Explorer

- Click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy

- Under "Websites" at the bottom click "Edit" (on the right)

- Under "Address of Website" type forumco.com and click "allow".

- Click Ok.

- This brings you back to the privacy popup box.

- Click "Advanced" in the middle of the box.

- Make sure that "Overide automatic cookie handling" is checked.

- Under "first party cookies" check "Accept"

- Under "third party cookies" check "Accept"

- Always allow session cookies should also be checked.

- click ok and ok again.

- Close all Internet Explorer windows.

- Open Internet explorer and try to login to the forum.

Make SURE that the time data and year are set correctly on their computers otherwise the cookie
will expire before its even set. Hence, cookies need to be enabled.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:11 PM   #3
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
I don't know what is happening to the Montanaowners website. I can't figure out how to use it any more. Any help would be appreciated. I was able to use it for about 9 months and all of the sudden something has changed.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #4
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Ronnelly,
Ron have you read the post just above yours? It contains information that may help you. If you follow the advise given you'll probably fix your problem. Let us know if you still can't figure it out. Good luck.

RVWheels/admin
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #5
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RVWheels

Ronnelly,
Ron have you read the post just above yours? It contains information that may help you. If you follow the advise given you'll probably fix your problem. Let us know if you still can't figure it out. Good luck.

RVWheels/admin
thanks, I did everything Right, the only thing I did not do is register everytime I log on. I used to just be able to get on, by saving my pw. and Id. I figured it out with the forumco.com first and that worked, so I tried to same way to register with the montana owners website and all is well.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:10 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ronnelly, if you don't log out when done with the forum, next time you come to the forum you should still be logged in. Works for me, anyhow. Maybe if it's a long time before I come back to the forum it might lose it but it works for a few days anyhow.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 05:02 AM   #7
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
drpuckett,
We traveled into the Baja a couple of years ago on our own and loved it. If you go with a caravan it should all go quite smoothly. The campgrounds will range from lavish in Ensenada to just a parking lot as you move south. You may need a generator in some spots. The tour operator should be able to steer you to a good place for insurance. We purchased liability and comprehensive with a stated value of 40,000 and I believe it cost us $165 for 10 days. Some people just buy liability but I wasn't comfortable with that so paid the extra. If you stop in Guerro Negro be sure to take the whale watching tour it's fantastic.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:08 AM   #8
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
Check with your agent. It is usually cheaper to buy six months Ins. than a week. We don't travel on the Baja but in the rest of Mexico. Make sure you get Bail and attorney Ins.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:21 PM   #9
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
drpucket

Baja is a great place to RV and is easy for the first timer in Mexico. Unless you like the companionship and cost of a caravan, this is a trip you can easily do yourself. This is our sixth yr. of visiting Mexico for the winter and are currently in San Miguel de Allende. Our first Mexican trip was to Baja. To find campgrounds, get "The Traveler's Guide to Mexican Camping" or "The Traveler's Guide to Camping Mexico's Baja" by Mike and Terri Church. www.rollinghomes.com There is an older book called "Exploring Baja by RV" by the Petersons which was very good and had history and other comments, but is out of date a little.

We have found Lewis & Lewis to have very good rates although most should be about the same. www.mexicanautoinsurance.com We get ours by the year.

We don't speak Spanish, our bad, but we have always had our needs met. The people are friendly and helpful. We always go to Goodwill or like shops and load up on good quality toys for the kids.

Would recommend crossing the border at Tecate. It is very easy and quick. Stop at the "Deaf and Dumb School RV Park between Tecate and Ensenada and go to the local wineries. Take some school supplies for the students. Visit Todos Santos. See the whales.

Email me if you have questions. mobilrvn@starband.net
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote