Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
RV show surprise or lack of???

We have finally realized after visiting the WV Sports Show (boat and rv's) that we have reached satisfaction with regards to our blessings in life. We managed to look at about every manufacturer (Fusion toy hauler did catch DW's eye), and thankfully reached the conclusion that believe it or not, we are satisfied with our 07 3400RL. We saw the new side aisle Big Sky, a new side aisle Montana, and both of us walked away with renewed confidence that our purchase (ironically inspired at the same show last year) was the right one to fill our needs. I will admit, that we do like some aspects of the SA models, but until Keystone figures out a way to keep the stackable closet intact with them, we will be happy 3400 campers. So as I stated before, the mods and additions will continue with no regrets now since there is no upgrade itch!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
timothy
Established Member

M.O.C. #6723
Alan and I were working on numbers in Charleston on the Big Sky but after thinking about it we thought the same thing. We are very happy with our 3600 Re.
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
My DW really likes the slide out painted red on the Fuzion. She was also impressed with the kitchen. As for the rest - well, I'll stick with the Hanna.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Gary Christy
Established Member

M.O.C. #7469
I agree there were a lot of nice campers there, But I saw none I liked any better than my 2955. Did you see any way of getting in the bed room on the big sky with the slide in. I like to pull in rest areas. So that would not work for me.
Gary Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Never noticed that Gary, but we did notice that the bedroom space definitely was smaller than our 3400 as a result of the combined bathroom. Mama's happy with what we have and in the end that is all that matters. Still praying and believing in blessings as well, PM me with an update if you have the time!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #6
Gary Christy
Established Member

M.O.C. #7469
Billy has been in Bagdad since Oct. Prayers have been answered, and he is fine. Thanks be to God for His Loving Kindness.
Gary Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
We will continue lifting him up and all of the others serving in Iraq. Garin1's son included,
Bingo

Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 AM   #8
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
Bingo I feel the same way as you!! Needing to up grade in size from our old 2001 Montana, the wife and I took several years to finally decide on the 2005 3295 that we have now and after going to several rv shows since we have come to the conclusion that we made the right decision. Nothing that we have seen in any brand really gets our juices going to want to trade up. This I believe is a good testament to the quality, functionality and style of the Montana's, once you decide what model to purchase they are hard to beat at any price point.
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Wayne and I were in Idaho Falls on an errand yesterday and happened to see a sign pointing to a building where an RV show was being held. So, we took a little time for a quick run-through before we had to be on our way. We're spoiled; we used to live in the Houston area, and the annual RV show there was an all-day affair, even if you limited what you looked at to just 5th-wheels. By comparison, the Idaho Falls show was extremely small, but considering the weak economy up this way and the sparsely populated area of the country, the show was probably the right size for the times.

Several Montanas were on exhibit, but none with one of the new floor plans. We walked through all the other makes there, including a couple of Cardinal 5th-wheels, a brand that we'd considered before we bought our Montana. We also went into 2 Class A high-dollar motor homes.

We are patting ourselves on the back for buying a Montana; we didn't see a floor plan or interior design (fabric, flooring, wall covering, etc.) anywhere that we like as well as what we have in our 3585. The Class A's might have looked a bit "richer" with their dark interiors, but I like light, I like space, I like windows, and I definitely like an RV I can enjoy, which automatically rules out anything with white faux-leather and cream carpeting. Our Montana is perfect for us. We'll probably look at the new floor plans in a year or two when we are free to full-time, but at the moment, we are comfortable living in our 3585 and wouldn't change a thing. (Well, maybe one thing--we would be on the road now instead of building a new house. What were we thinking???)
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 AM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

I will admit, that we do like some aspects of the SA models, but until Keystone figures out a way to keep the stackable closet intact with them, we will be happy 3400 campers.
Bingo you had the same impression that we did on the new side aisles. No stackables... no deal...

Once you have been used to stackables - especially as fulltimers - there is no going back to the single unit.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #11
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
You won't get an argument from me about that no-room-for-stackables drawback with the 3585 floor plan. Because we're living in our rig full-time (for 6 months now) while our house is being built, I could use some drawer space where that combo unit is, and I would probably have bought a stackable unit if there had been a place for it in the 3585. For the moment, however, we're very happy we chose the private bathroom choice over the stackable area choice. In another two years or so, when we hope to hit the road permanently, I'm sure we'll be balancing bathroom arrangements with storage space, among other things. It definitely would be nice to be drying one load while the next is washing--that has to be a time saver. Maybe I was "broke" right by living for a year in an old Cardinal 5th-wheeler with only one 6' slideout and no space for even a washboard and laundry tub. Every stick-building experience equals an RV living experience for us, and every time we get a little bit smarter about what we need vs. what we THINK we need and what we like vs. what we don't like in a floor plan. Still, we love our 3585.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote