Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
Speaker

Does any one no how to get the little black speakers working in the living room slide out on the my 2007 3400

Dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Review the instructions in the users guide for the stereo system. You need to perform a setting using the "test tone" that is generated by the system. I did it in our 3475 and everything worked out great. This setting is used to "balance" the sound level from each speaker.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
You have to understand that depending upon set up of the audio output will depend on what comes out and where. There will be no surround sound unless the broadcast has surround sound, and so on. The Quest system is not easy to use. I have replaced mine with a Sony Home theater unit. I did keep the speakers that came in the Monty. The Sony is so much easier to use and has better sound quality of output.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
I did the test signal set up on my 2007 3400 and found that my left rear speaker was not working, all seemed to be hooked up but not sound from it. I found that only media that is encoded in surround sound would produce sound out of the rear speakers. My home system allows me to utilize all the speakers for any media. My solution is that I am taking my Kenwood system from the house and putting it in the Montana. It gives me more versitility and we are in the processes of going from a stick house to full timing anyways. Once you get all the speakers on the Montana system working they do great for surround sound movies. Also I am going to move the left rear speaker from were it is behind the dinnet to a position between the couch and the dinnet.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
We listen to more music on the radio and don't use the surround sound very often. So on our 2980RL we have speakers in the front and the rear of the living/kitchen area. I just spliced them together so we now have music and TV to both sets of speakers. The rear speakers are originally set up for surround sound only and we got a lot of hissing out of them when just watching TV or the radio, but not now.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote