Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #1
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
One year later...

Feb. 21 marks the anniversary of two things, both of them positive:

First, I wrote a check to Akins Ford in Winder, Ga. one year ago to purchase my F-250, which was I day I had long anticipated. I have not regretted it once!

Second, that evening, I finally joined MOC after considering it for some time! This has, without a doubt, been the best forum in which I have ever participated. A wonderful combination of information and fun, I have enjoyed talking to some of you, sharing information with others, and basically learning many pointers about 5ers,trucks, and a certain automatic slider hitch! And I have even had the honor of meeting some of you. It has been a joy, and again I have no regrets about the time spent here!

We have a wonderfully supportive community here, and in the final analysis, that is what RVing is all about--meeting new people, whether in a campground or RV park or in our own virtual campground here!

Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
JD ... Happy Anniversary! Couldn't agree more with your entire post and am so glad that we're among those who have had the pleasure of meeting you, your lovely bride, Marsha and your delightful son, John.

By the by ... feeling any better yet about pulling/parking the fifth wheel?

edited ... p.s. please apologize to Marsha for me for calling her a "bridge!" ...
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Congrats JD! Time sure does fly when you're having fun.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
My doesn't time fly.....I too have been here just over a year and still can't get over all the help that people are willing to present, not only here on the forum but also in person. I think Montana owners are some of the best folks around.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I join my fellow (permanent) Texan, Charlie, in expressing appreciation for the fellowship we have found on this forum. And which Charlie and I have found in meeting even more of our friends at the February gathering in the Texas Valley.

Wordsmith, let me tell you that Charlie is one of the nicest of these nice people, but that's only a comparision of the good with the good. Hope, in the future, you get to meet some of these Winter Texans as we did last week in McAllen.

And, Charlie, let me tell you that Wordsmith and his family are fine younger members of this community that I hope you get to meet in the future.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
J.D.,

I guess time really does fly when you're having fun. I have to agree with you, the MOC really does have some great people participating. Congrats on your anniversary!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ye Gods we have been members since Jan 05. Just a little over 1 year.We joined because we wanted to find out EVERYTHING about Montana's from folks that owned them because the Montana was one of two campers we were thinking of buying, we joined that forum also. Well we will be purchasing a 3400Rl in 4 days. What can we say/////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
It is amazing at how the time just flys by when your having so much fun. And this is a place of fun and enjoyment. This is one of the best things I have done in my short 26 years of life, buying my second Montana and joining the MOC. Can it get any better than this???
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:59 PM   #9
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
One of the best things I did was to join the MOC. And as we travel across this great country of ours and meeting such beautiful people our lives have been enriched.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:09 PM   #10
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
It sure is a great forum isn't it. The freindlyness, camraderie, the way people of differing opinions can talk without snapping at each other or "flaming". I just love it.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:09 PM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Good word from the Wordsmith, and echoed by you all. I agree.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:01 AM   #12
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I've been around since "day 1" and it's really amazing the information that passes through here.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:55 AM   #13
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Vicki, yes, I do feel better about the pulling and backing of the Montana. I actually believe I "got the hang of it" last summer, though I can still back a regular TT more easily. The kind words of encouragement and advice found here, once applied, truly went a loooong way!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:40 AM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Congrats JD on the Anniversary. I so totally agree with you (except for your choice of TV, LOL). This forum is a great place made up of great people.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:22 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, J.D., Marsha, and John! We very much enjoyed meeting you folks last year in Georgia and hopefully will have another opportunity to see you again. Sounds like you have adapted quite well and are enjoying the Montana!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #16
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Congratulations JD on the 1 year anniversary. You are correct in that this forum is a great place to read and enjoy.
Montana Sky, there is one thing better than what you said about being 26 and buying your second Montana. That being retired and owning your third Montana and being able to travel.
Yes I have learned so much from you folks and have be able to put a lot of it to use, in fact when someone from Bodily's RV wants a prospective customer to talk with them about a Montana they call me and I try to answer questions for them from an owners stand point. Most of what I have learned is from you folks, thanks so much.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:57 PM   #17
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Paul and Sue,
As I have stated many times before, I look forward to the day when I can join you all on the road "fulltime". I have the pleasure of living my long term dream out through all of the MOC members early in life. Oh the things I have to look forward to. =)
Old 02-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #18
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Montana Sky, it may be some time until you can retire—me as well—but you especially were able to bring home that beautiful Montana at an early age! Just think of when you retire and all of the wonderful memories on the road you will already have!

Hey, Steve! I too hope our paths cross again somewhere in the future! Yes, we have adapted well to the fifth wheel, and I really could not see myself with anything else now!
Old 02-25-2006, 01:24 PM   #19
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
I agree---this forum is the greatest with the most helpful people. We were lucky enough to meet some of you last year at the Great Lakes Rally. Hope to meet a lot more on the road and at the Southeast Rally in Elko, Georgia the end of March.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #20
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Wordsmith,
Only 29 more years to go until I hit the day of RETIREMENT!! Not that I am counting or anything... =)