Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2006, 02:11 PM   #21
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
dsprik, I think you'll find that Keystone is owned by Thor.

c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Yes, I knew that. Here are all the companies Thor Industries owns. Most of you are aware of these. When I first saw this list last summer, I was shocked to see all the RV brands (especially when I saw Airstream) that actually fell under Thor's umbrella. Pretty impressive.

Aerolite
Airstream
Breckenridge
CrossRoads RV
Damon RV
Dutchmen
Four Winds
General Coach ON
General Coach BC
Keystone RV
Komfort
Mandalay
Thor America
Thor California

*On Edit~ Oh yeah... they also own these commercial bus companies:

Champion Bus
ElDorado National
Goshen Coach
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cindik

We went to a RV show last night. Really liked the new 3000 with the rear kitchen. Do any of you have one? What are your particular likes and dislikes of this model? We really liked the new front cap, and the slide-out TV in the bedroom. The new design for the dresser in the bedroom is nice, and the king sized bed. The cut-out for the garbage can in the kitchen counter was neat also. I didn't really like the light colored carpet all of the new ones have. Would be interested in anyone's comments that have one. Thanks!
Unless it is changed you can order your Montana with carpet from one color scheme and everything else in a different scheme. We did. We have the Spring Floral (green) scheme but got the beige carpet from the Desert Sunset (something like that) scheme. We ordered it that way.

If I recall, the newer dressers with fewer drawers are deeper and hold just as much, or so it appears to us. By the way, not all the pre-2006 models had "wasted space" between sink area and dresser. Our 2003 has dresser wall to wall. Same for the overhead cabinet. There was a year for two where there was open space.

Like Judy I don't think weight is the issue. But I don't know what the thinking was in changing the dresser design.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote