Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
PDI Sheet?

I've seen this several times before but I'm a little hazy, can someone help me out with a definition? Our 2955 should arrive to the dealer tomorrow but it will likely be next week before we will be able to pick it up. Additionally can anyone recommend the best way to make our pre-purchase inspection? I know on our house walkthrough even though we thought we were thorough we missed a few things. I was hoping you all could help me make this a little bit less brain damage (most of you don't know me yet but I can ill afford more of that!)

Thanks!

Mac

Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:20 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Mac,

Congrats on the new unit! Exciting time!

Someone will happen along with a PDI list, there are several really good ones floating around.

Our suggestions: Take as long as you need, ours took over 8 hours. The dealer was not happy, TOOOOOO BAD!! Wear old clothes, climb UNDER unit, climb up to ROOF, have a look, climb around INSIDE the unit, I crawled around on my hands and knees and got into the closets, etc. (OHHH, do NOT shut the closet door while you are in there, or you will end up locked in like one of our MOC members did!)

You want to see water work, you want to see furnace, a/c, microwave work, lights work, etc.

DO NOT give them the check or sign the final papers until you are happy that any boo boos have been corrected. That check is your biggest piece of ammo! USE IT!

Ohhhh, most important, ENJOY and HAVE FUN!!!

Good luck
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome to the MOC., and Congratulations on the new unit.

http://users3.ev1.net/~crossstitch/PDI/pdi.html
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
http://www.bitware.com/5er/PDI.htm

There was another one posted after this one, but I don't know who posted or the subject.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM   #5
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Mac--congrats on the new unit and welcome to the forum. You'll certainly enjoy both. As always, CountryGuy has great advice. We would add our two cents worth. Do a search on the site--you should find a link to a good PDI as we did. Thanks again to those who were willing to share! Do not schedule a Saturday PDI as the dealers frequently close up their service depts on Sunday and unless there is enough time to do any necessary work after the PDI you will be making a return trip. We told our dealer that we would use a PDI check list for our Thursday app't and provided a copy of same. Guess they didn't believe us as they claimed no knowledge of it when we arrived. They were prepared to do a 1 hr. intro to the unit. Not satisfactory and we produced the copy of the PDI and accompanying letter which we had sent earlier. Like CG, our PDI took quite a bit longer than anyone thought. BUT we were prepared--in additon to all the equipment needed to conduct the PDI, we had also packed in the truck the items we needed to stay overnight in the Monty. When the dealer said at 4:30 that we would have to sign off the papers to leave with the Monty and would have to bring it back for needed adjustments we simply said no and announced that we would stay the night in their lot and continue the next day. After they got over the shock, the Monty was pulled round back and we moved in. Finally got out at about 2:30 the next day. Hopefully you will have a far more cooperative dealer. In any case, hang in there--it's well worth it and you should have many happy times with your Montana. Best luck--and be sure to hit the outlet mall for some of the provisioning gear. (We have some kids in Parker.)
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Your power to get stuff done is in your checkbook.

Video tape the "orientaion" and the significant parts of the PDI. Makes a good record and helps get stuff "fixed". Try not to have the delivery date anywhere near the end of calander quarter. They get real "pushy" around those dates for their sales "numbers". It isn't "sold" until they have the $$. Until they have your $$, they will be REAL cooperative....after that, it all depends on the dealer, but there is always a lot less urgency on their part to get stuff replaced or fixed.

Take your time and insist on having it working and looking right.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote