Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Well Folks!!! They kept their word

It would seem that customer service did call the QA approval department (not sure of the 'right' term for that)...

And further explained our problems...And YIPEE it will all be covered under warranty!!!

EVERYTHING (almost) is fixed....the only things left is...the three new day/night shades need to arrive...2 weeks out...

The french door that was all scratched on our PDI....well it seems they shipped a whole new door...the 'door' got beat pretty bad during delivery...but thank the stars above...the glass wasn't...so they just replaced the glass (that was all was expecting in the first place)..

The black tank showing FULL all the time that too was named...90 day maintenace problem...proved to be bad/reveresed wiring...Go FIGURE??

I'm soo happy now....can't WAIT to get my baby BACK!!! (Grinning fro ear to ear!)

Montana_3032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I just love a story with a happy ending.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We love a happy ending to, that means that we have a chance to have all our problems fixed to. We just bought our Monty and took delivery in April. So happy for you. Doesn't that make life worth living? Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's very reassuring to us, too. So far Keystone has been very supportive after our fresh water tank dropped out. We're anxious to get it replaced and be in good working order again. We're on the schedule for August 1, if the tank arrives in Anchorage by then.

Glad you're all fixed up.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:18 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Was there really any doubt? Keystone has always been supportive with us.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:40 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
There are just those good days when everything goes just the way you want it and fortunately with Keystone those good days far out number the bad ones.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:16 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The above is exactly why we chose to buy a Montana over other brands in the price range. Montana has excellent customer service.I still have a problem with these quality issues ever leaving the plant but am beginning to believe that rather than having a zero defects quality control program Keystone has put the $ into Customer service and warranty.Corporate bean counters (no offense to former or present bean counters, that was part of my job in a former life) are very good at cost vs benefit issues. It is more cost effective to "fix the squeaky wheel" rather than design a better wheel. keystones customer service is what sets them apart from the others.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:54 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Great news. Thank you for letting us know the "good" things. Keystone has come though once more. However, I do believe the dealer, and how he presents it to Keysone, is important also. Hope everything continues to work for you.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:38 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree with Rich we'd like to see fewer problems coming off the assembly line. I think from what we saw during our recent factory tour they are addressing that. However, a zero defect policy is probably actually detrimental to the bottom line. That approach would require a substantial up front investment on an ongoing basis. To justify that kind of expense you'd have to jack up the prices considerably. That would lose you customers to the cheaper competition. So you can put the money in up front for the zero defect program and lose customers (and profit) or you can take the same money and put it on the back end, customer service, and get kudos for your customer service. If I were in that business this would be a no-brainer decision for me. But, then, I'm just making an educated guess here.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:17 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Steve you summed it up better than I did and that is a common corporate practice.A zero defects quality control program is very expensive to develop and maintain whereas the fix the squeaky wheel approach is much more cost effective. And customers tend to remember "how nice they were treated" rather than the problem they had. In fact corporations that have a Zero defects program still have defects and folks remember that as a promise not kept.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #11
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Good news that Keystone is coming through for you! Keep us apprised as to the other fixes on which you are still waiting.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #12
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wordsmith

Good news that Keystone is coming through for you! Keep us apprised as to the other fixes on which you are still waiting.
Oh the other fixes...are just 'waiting' for the parts...they agreed to replace the bad blinds and to replace the cabinet doors that got scratched when they fell off..

I'd have been with them just 'sanding' down the scratches and revarnishing 'em..but I guess they don't do that kinda 'work'...we wouldn't have minded doing that ourselves but if we'd have botched the job then we'd have been stuck with 'em.

Oh and I was really suprised with the turn around time..we took it around the '10th' of this month...from past experiences with our prior Wildcat and our TT Dutchmen...that has proved pretty quick especially with the 'down' time waiting for approval.
Montana_3032 is offline   Reply With Quote