Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
Kristen

M.O.C. #2399
MI: Drivers needed to tow FEMA trailers south

Hi Everyone,
I am from A & S RV Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan (just north of Detroit) - I read your forum regularly, but have never written in here before. The reason I am now is we are looking for people who would be interested in towing trailers down south for the hurricane victims. You will need your own tow vehicle - we will pay you for your time and gas. If you would like to help us out with this in the next few days, please give us a call or send me an e-mail. 248-373-5811 or kristen@asrvcenter.com Thank you very much!

Kristen Andree

Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I sent you an e'mail Kristen. I am on vacation the next two weeks and would be happy to haul some trailers down while I am off. I left you a cell phone # to call me as I read this late at night and wasn't sure if you would be answering calls this late. I am working on finding someone else to run with me. Would make traveling a lot more relaxing having someone to visit with along the way. DW has to work both weeks. So vacation was going to be working around the house anyway.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
I also sent you an e-mail. Though we are in Wisconsin, we would possibly be able to tow a camper down.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #4
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Cool Idea. We are in AZ but , if there is a need from this area, I'm ready to go
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the post. Great info to know.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:50 AM   #6
Kristen

M.O.C. #2399
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to thank you all for your offers to help – I can't believe how many people responded last week! 15 people went down to Mississippi Saturday morning and are on their way back now. For anyone who e-mailed or called me, I will hold on to your names and numbers and let you know if we need drivers for another batch of trailers. Also, if you are in other states – or even Michigan too - I would recommend checking around with dealers in your area to see if they need any help – you may start to see similar requests over the next few weeks. I have also heard of some dealers putting out ads and signs for drivers. FEMA is buying up trailers all over the country and needs them delivered as soon as possible, and I don’t think the delivery companies are able to keep up with the demand right now. Thank you again for all your offers to help, we really appreciate it.

Kristen Andree
A & S RV Center, Auburn Hills, MI
kristen@asrvcenter.com
248-373-5811
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote