Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Last fling

Well, the estate liquidators come tomorrow, so we will be persona nongrata in our home. The upside is that we will get to spend a few days in the Monty before our adventure to Hong Hong. My daughter's church has a "Missionary hook-up" on the church property, so we have been invited to stay there our final week in the states.

Separating the "wheat from the chaff" in 20 years of accumulation has been 14 to 16 hour days for about 10 days. We never did get to the attic. There is stuff there that we moved in 20 years ago and haven't seen since.

Right now we are glad to be spending a little time in our "fiver estate" before shutting it up for a year and a half."

Just a point of humor. I got a letter from the home owners association today telling me I couldn't store my fiver in the drive of my house. I had inclinations of addressing the issue with a number of sarcastic scenarios, but decided against them all. Just let them think their letter made me move it out. They will feel so proud of their efforts and I will have the last laugh.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That sounds like a lot of work, Stiles. The trip to Hong Kong will be a piece of cake after having to liquidate your estate. Are you shipping a lot of personal items to Hong Kong? We'll be praying for a safe journey for you two.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Almost there, Stiles! The hard part is just about done. Just be sure you find an internet connection in Hong Kong so you can continue to participate in MOC!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Looks like your Hong Kong adventure is about to begin. Like Steve said, find an Internet connection so you can stay connected to us.

And, you are correct about no need to say anything to the homeowner’s association, but it is rather ironic that they sent you that letter.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, on the day you leave you should reply that you were so upset by their letter you are moving to Hong Kong!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve that is a good one!
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #7
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Stiles n Dianna,
Our prayers are with you. We did the same thing May 04 preparing for this trip to Australia. It came up short notice (less the four months) for us too. We had sold the house before we had final orders to move here. We felt confident and did have alternate plans if for some reason it fell through. Our position was if we had not touched it in 17 years then we did not need it. The good news is we are much better prepared to move from here into full retirement and full time in July 09. Best of luck, take the camera and enjoy the once in a life time experiences.
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:41 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Best of luck to you both. Have a safe trip and keep in touch. I'm sure the Montana will be well when you get back.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote