Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, we did make the Star-Telegram Ft Worth paper

Some one asked (Steve Reigle) if we made the paper to post the URL, well here it is, But, they say it is only there for a short time, published in yesterday's paper, was still there a bit ago.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/11382269.htm

I think Al got a quote and I got a quote. I managed to save the text, but did not fuss with the photos on this phone line hookup.

Al and I are making tracks back to Tipton, his mom has taken a turn for the worse and I have had horrible time getting online (Cell phone worked 2 nights ago, but not last night, did not even try tonight, so am on AOL phone line, which is slow and painful )

We are about 2.5 days out of Tipton, we sure could use a little prayer patrol action for his mom at this point. I thank you in advance for all your prayers!

I know this does not make a lot of sense, but, it has been one of those days, starting out with me misplacing the truck keys. Before my coffee I packed up the computer and managed to put the keys in that case. Geesshhh, what silly things we do when we are half awake.

Talk to you all when we get back to Michigan.

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Al & Carol,

Sorry to hear about Al's mom. We will definitely be sending a prayer up for you. I hope every thing is OK when you arrive.

God Bless,
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:22 PM   #3
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Al's mother will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. Have a safe trip home.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Have a safe trip home. See you next winter. Our prayers will go out for Al's Mom.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Our prayers are with you for Al's mom and a safe trip home.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:05 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Al I'm sorry to hear your mom is not doing well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Travel safely.

I tried reading the newspaper thing but all I get is a place to register. Since I don't want to do anything with that particular paper I did not register. What is that we were supposed to see?

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Have a safe trip home and we are sending out our prayers for his mom. We sure hope everything gets better for her. Take care.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Al and Carol
Safe trip and our prayers are with you. We have both been through parents leaving us (my Daddy and Ed's Mom and Dad) and my Mom is still with us for now (87). I know it will not be for long and I will need all of you when. Love.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:41 PM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Prayers for safety, for a calm spirit, for healing, and for comfort or offered to the One who comforts, heals, provides and sustains.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:52 PM   #10
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
We were sorry to hear about Al's mother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Have a safe trip home.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 04:31 AM   #11
Iowafan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3419
Carol and Al, our thoughts and prayers are with you. May you travel safely and feel His comfort. Judy
Iowafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 06:25 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Al & Carol, our prayers and thoughts are with you. You folks drive safe on the way home.

HamRad, I didn't have any trouble seeing it. But maybe I'm already registered there or with their parent company or something.

The entire story is too long to post here but here's an excerpt that includes a quote by our Carol.

BUSINESS IS BLOOMING

Wildflowers are a growing source of tourism revenue

By Bill Hanna

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

WILLOW CITY - The wildflowers weren't exactly in full bloom along the famed Willow City Loop last week, but Al and Carol Stevens couldn't have cared less.

The 13-mile loop, about 11 miles northeast of Fredericksburg, is considered by many to be the premier site for wildflowers in Texas. The flowers are blooming late this year, but the Michigan couple was too busy swapping stories with strangers inside the Knot in the Loop Saloon to care.

"Dang, if this is spring, then I'm coming back every year," Carol Stevens said. "This sure beats springtime in Michigan."

For the Stevenses and thousands of other tourists, searching for fields of wildflowers appears to be as important as actually finding them.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 06:31 AM   #13
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Carol and Al our prayers are with you both and Al's Mom. Have a safe journey and do keep us updated.

God bless and take care,

Dick and Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 11:30 AM   #14
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
We are praying for you and your mother. We must have just missed you in the Texas Hill country. The wildflowers were beautiful. Marilyn and Bruce
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:54 PM   #15
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
You have our prayers of course, and safe travels. We are in pretty much the same situation, and will be home tomorrow.

Tell us more about the newspaper thing when you have the time and inclination.

All the best,

John and Donna.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Some one asked (Steve Reigle) if we made the paper to post the URL, well here it is, But, they say it is only there for a short time, published in yesterday's paper, was still there a bit ago.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/11382269.htm

I think Al got a quote and I got a quote. I managed to save the text, but did not fuss with the photos on this phone line hookup.

Al and I are making tracks back to Tipton, his mom has taken a turn for the worse and I have had horrible time getting online (Cell phone worked 2 nights ago, but not last night, did not even try tonight, so am on AOL phone line, which is slow and painful )

We are about 2.5 days out of Tipton, we sure could use a little prayer patrol action for his mom at this point. I thank you in advance for all your prayers!

I know this does not make a lot of sense, but, it has been one of those days, starting out with me misplacing the truck keys. Before my coffee I packed up the computer and managed to put the keys in that case. Geesshhh, what silly things we do when we are half awake.

Talk to you all when we get back to Michigan.

Carol
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #16
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hi All

Keep on praying, from the phone report we got today IT IS WORKING! First positive report we have had in 3 or 4 days, we are cautiously hopeful at this point! I knew all your prayers would help, and wowie, they sure worked fast. We are still very concerned, and, are pretty sure there is gonna be a long recovery in this, but our 3 sons went to the hospital today, and their report is encouraging!

as far as the article, I don't know why some had to register and others did not, I did not, and I don't think I am registered, a friend of mine did?? go figure, it is the internet!

For those that cannot get on to read the artcile, I do have it copied to my computer, and when we get home I can email it to you,no photos, but the text is there.

We are in Louisville KY tonight, will go the rest of the way into Tipton tomorrow, arriving late in the afternoon, early evening. We are both driving, Al ususally does most of the driving, but the only way for us to get heavy miles on is for us to both drive, besides I am learning about driving in the hills, and even managed to back up a little the last couple of days without hitting anything or jackknifing! HA HA. I had to pull GM into one gas station at a serious 45 degree angle (on Natchez Trace Parkway) so that we could get gas into GM, but NOT take the roof off Montana! That was a first, interesting, but got the job done!!

Anyway, thanks all, you are doing a good job, please keep up the good work,

OntMont, how are your parents??? How is your dad after that fall he took??

More later, tired, need showers, I'll be in and out for a few hours, then crashing for some rest for the drive home tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Carol
Old 04-15-2005, 02:46 PM   #17
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Al and Carol,

You guys be careful and don't let the emergency get the best of your. Drive careful.

You know I have been down this road. You were always there to offer kind words and support and now I offer mine.

I hope you have a safe and easy journey tomorrow.

My prayers are with you.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:53 PM   #18
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Carol and Al, our thoughts and prayers are with you all. May the circle of safety surround you as you travel. Bless you. Kim
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 04:19 PM   #19
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Our prayers are with you and your family. We are also praying for safe travels. Take care of yourselves.
Myrna and Bob
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #20
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Again, many thanks to everyone. Al's mom sounded much better today when he talked to her on the phone. She had a very nasty infection, but they seem to have a handle on that. She had surgery, with the infection afterwards and her heart rate was way out of wack. Also have that in better shape too.

Anyway, we arrived back in Michigan at 5:32 and Montana was backed into the drive at 6:36. The GM ran like a top, the Allison trans is great in the hills, step on the brakes and it downshifts and really takes you down in a controled fashion. Worked great for this ole gal coming north on I 65 into Cincinatti. I gotta tell you, after pulling that TT for a number of years and the boat too, when I get behind the wheel and pull Montana, I am always amazed at what a difference it is. Don't tell Al, but it is soooooo much fun! (we have some other interesting I 65 stories, will try to post them sometime in the future)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the prayers and the wishes for safe travels. We sure needed them both, and they sure worked!

Carol & Al