Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2004, 06:11 AM   #1
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Fresh water tank location

Could someone plese tell me where the fresh water storage tank is located on 2001 Montana 5529 RLS?? I have three low point drains under the trailer, I guess that they are all drains for the fresh water tank.

Thanks for any help.

Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:46 AM   #2
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
I don't have the 2955 but as you say there will be 3 low point drains. The 2 that are together are hot/cold water lines. The single is the fresh water tank. Count on the tank being close to it.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The freshwater tank is in the rear of the rig and the low point drain is under the rig near the left rear corner.

The other 2 LPD's are for draining other areas. As I have never had the need to winterize I have foirgotten what those other 2 drain.

If you do a "Search" with a topic "low point drains" you will find numerous threads on the subject. BUT I am sure your question will be answered many times before you can complete that search.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:43 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, they drain the whole water line system. They're the lowest point in the line system. That excludes the fresh water tank itself which has its own drain, as noted. (Just in case you sometime need this info! - Last time we were in Florida (Panama City Beach) they had record lows and we had a couple of nights down to 17 degrees!. We didn't winterize since we were living in it but... who knows, someday you might need this info!)
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Steve, You just never know but I am doing my best to avoid anything below 40. Last year we hit 34 and had a heavy frost but that's about as cold as I want it. Lived in subfreezing temps in Penna and subZero temps in NY for too many years.
I'm 61 now and as they say...
" Been There, Done That,
Don't Wanna Do It No Mo!!!!
"
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:53 PM   #6
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Thanks everyone for your comments. I hope I don't have to drain my trailer due to cold weather here in Old Town Fla...but good to know about all the things in or on the trailer. I wanted to know where the fresh water tank was, so that I could experiment with reducing my pin weight a tad by adding weight to the rear of the trailer. I think I can add about 315 pounds by filling this tank. I hope some of this will reduce the pin weight.

Hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote