Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #41
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have 5 Montana owners cards left..lets see how many of the owners that we gave cards to join up.I hope all the dissatisfied ones join up as they could use the help..We are very happy with the performance of the 3400 in spite of the little annoyance workmanship factors and when you have the wide variety of camper owners to talk to as we do here you understand that they all have the same problems....Out 3400 stands out. They took a aerial pic of the campground and it is easy to spot the 3400..it is the largest camper in the area. The largest spots are 40 foot and we are 39 feet 1 inch.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #42
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
HI GPADICK - I am a little late getting in on this, but I want to say - You will NEVER MEET BETTER FOLK'S. WE even have our own MOC HELP SECTION - Check it out MOC TAP and you will find many MOC volunteers in each state and the volunteers are growning - These are folk's that are standing by to HELP FELLOW MOC members. That being said, If you ever get "condemed" to KANSAS and don't know which direction to go. I am located on MOC TAP to help. OH help at my place comes with a fresh cup of coffee.
Safe Travels John H
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #43
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Excuse my ignorance...what is MOC TAP?

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:51 AM   #44
Gpa_Dick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5960
Thanks, John. I am sure sometime in our travels we will be going through Kansas.

I am now negotiating price on the 3400 here in the Portland, OR area. There are only 2 Montana dealerships in our area. One close by - Portland - and the other 150 miles away - Tacoma, WA. I am hoping the one close by will give me a good deal. It has most of the options I want. I will probably have Camping World put the other couple of options on for me.

It is a 2006.5 3400 with the "Moving to Montana", "Value" and "Arctic" package. King bed, power vent w/rain sensor, 2nd air prep, w/d prep, hydraulic selector valves, central vac, ceiling fan, aluminum wheels (I need to ask someone about these - I think I saw a possible problem with aluminum wheels?), fireplace, hi-gloss, dinette set w/4 chairs and computer desk chair.

Crossing my fingers for the "good deal"!

-Dick
Gpa_Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:46 AM   #45
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
We have a 3500rl with all you listed plus the 2nd a/c , max air vent covers, vaccum cleaner, including the alum wheels and have had not iota of problem out of them. We fulltime and if you are interested I can tell you what we paid cash , no trade for ours. I do not know if they appreciate us doing the discussion in public , but if you are interested, you can send me a msg. Ours is a 2006.5 also.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:19 AM   #46
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dick,
I would not worry about having the aluminum wheels. I have them on my 3400RL, this is my 3rd summer w/o any trouble. I check them before I head out, and to date I have not found any of the lugs to be loose. Remember that many of the tow vehicles have aluminum wheels of some sort on. Tredit Wheel Company is the one who makes the aluminum wheels for the Montana and Tredit claims their wheels have a lifetime warranty. Best of luck getting the deal done on your new 3400RL!!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:12 PM   #47
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dick, a couple of things to be aware of, whatever brand you go with. If you're looking at a 2006 model on a dealer's lot, that's now last year's model and you should get a bigger discount. The dealer will be motivated to move it.

Second, we just ordered a new 3400RL. Our dealer agreed he can give us a better deal when we order the rig. He's not paying for lot space to store it. On the other hand, a "leftover" 2006 sitting on his lot might get an even better deal.

Good luck. You are choosing from two good brands. The fact we just ordered our third Montana says what we think is the best choice, for us anyhow. It might differ for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote