Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Bifold doors

For those of you who have the bifold doors to your washer/dryer closet, it might be helful for you to know that you can pop the wheel that runs in the track out of the track so that the door will open without folding. Clear as mud? If you reach up into the track you can feel the white plastic wheel that rolls across the track when the door opens. If you pull down on the wheel (it's on a spring), you can pop that wheel out and the door will open like a regular door. Glen was showing this feature to other MOCers tonight and they thought we should share this tip. It might make it easier to get to your washer/dryer without having to rebuild or rehang the doors.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Now thats a great tip. Thanks
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:02 AM   #3
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
We eliminated that problem in our Montana by rehanging the doors. The doors now open from the center. WE took apart the folding doors and rehung them on hinges. There was no cutting involved. Now the doors open in the center and allow plenty of space to clean out the drain filter and open the door to the washer/dryer. We also added a half shelf in the upper part of the closet and a pole across the closet to hang wet jackets when it is raining. Anything to gain a little more space. Our 3475 has the same closet as the 3400 models
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Rehanging the bifold doors is a great idea. Pulling the wheel out of the track doesn't involve any work or redoing and probably isn't a permanent fix for folks who have the washer and dryer. But if you keep the bifold in it's original setup, pulling the wheel out of the track allows you to get to anything that's fallen down in the fold of the door. It also allows the door to swing open more fully.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:53 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ken
Our 3400 came with 2 shelves and a clothes rod in that closet. Because we have the combo washer/dryer we can still use all of them. I have attached baskets to these shelves so things stay put while traveling.
Judy, don't you have to put that little wheel back before traveling to keep the door in place? We had to take the whole door off to get the washer/dryer in so I know what you are talking about.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Parrothead, Our 3475 was one of the first off the line in 05. It came with the washer/dryer hookups and we took our combo washer/dryer out of our 2003 3655 and had it installed into the new one. I guess thats why ours didn't come with shelf and clothes pole. It has worked out great in our travels.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Judy,
Thanks for sharing such a great tip.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, we do put the wheel back in place when we travel and when we tire of Greta raiding the cupboard when she's looking for her doggie treats. It goes in and out very easily.
Ken, we have the washer and dryer connections in the closet but we still got two wire shelves and a clothes bar. I have two small plastic bins on the top shelf and one large one on the bottom shelf which I secure with tension rods when we travel. We have many things stored in the upper part of this closet so we would probably get the combination W/D like Sue has if we were to buy one.

Glad you found the tip useful, Montana Sky.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy, I think that's a great tip. The other methods are fine for those who want to make those permanent changes. Yours, on the other hand, is a great quick and easy tip that requires no tools nor work. Just knowledge that the wheel is spring loaded and can be moved. Thanks for posting it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote