Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
Good Bye to seasonal site...back to traveling

well, we finally decided this year to give up our seasonal campsite and go back to traveling. it was a hard decision as we really liked the campground and site we were on, but also missed the road.for the past few years we have been seasonal.it's been kind of nice being set up all the time, having the add a room with the patio door, all decorated with the lights and flower beds...ect...ect..but it's time for a change.so we'll see how our adventures go next year!

BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:59 AM   #2
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Welcome back on the road and hope you enjoy your travels. We love the lifestyle and plan on doing it for a long time....Les and Sue
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:45 AM   #3
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
thanks.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:22 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Keep us informed of your adventures. What are your plans? Where are you going? I envy you as we can't take off just yet.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:59 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
And none too soon. That weather in xxx, New york can be tough. Don't know exactly where xxx is but I do know that the winter anywhere in New York is not all that desirable.

The life we nomads lead can be a tough one but what the heck someones gotta do it.

Keep us posted as to your whereabouts and who knows we could meet up somewhere.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #6
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Awwwww Glen, you know you miss this snow. Been snowing all day. Can't get out of the driveway until Chuck comes home and snow blows. What fun

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #7
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
upstae NY. and no plans as of yet.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:32 AM   #8
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
We put ours on a lake side camp ground annually about an 1.5 hrs from the house, built a $3000 deck and go down every weekend during spring, summer and fall. It is nice just walking in and just going down to the boat. We still have to work for a living but 5 more years and I am going to burn that deck, hook it up and boogie for half of every year. I too miss the travel and different camping sites.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BillyRay

upstae NY. and no plans as of yet.
OK, as I understand it the term "upstate" was started by folks from the city. It refers to anything north of the GW. That leaves a (as a local NY car dealer likes to say) HUUUUUUGGGGE area. Better than 85% of New York state is north of the GW. Can't we be a bit more specific? Such as Binghamton, Albany, Syracuse, Watertown or Plattsburgh.

BTW-For those not in the area this GW has nothing to do with our current president. Instead it's short for George Washington Bridge which is located just north of the city. Of course "The City" is New York city.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:04 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

Awwwww Glen, you know you miss this snow. Been snowing all day. Can't get out of the driveway until Chuck comes home and snow blows. What fun
Carol
Sure I miss it just as I missed all the hurricanes they had here in Florida. But than again the weather down here ain't been all that great. Been raining for what seems like a month (actually 4 days). Kinda restricts us to sitting under the awning and that effects my tanning process. Playing shuffle board in the rain ain't no fun either. Why just yesterday I had to put on a long sleeve shirt as the temp went all the way down to 51°F BRRRRRRRRRR.
Talk about fun
Old 12-09-2005, 08:47 AM   #11
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
a small town called Malta. 1/2 hr. North of Albany, and South of Saratoga Springs. I don't know why it never came up and is listed as xxx.