Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Boondocking at my stickhouse....

Yup, that's right. If not for the Monty parked way back in my driveway we'd be cavepersons, cavepeople, cavefamily, I don't know what to call them, but cavemen is not P.C.

The local electric company are shutting off the electricity to the neighborhood to "upgrade aging infrastructure..." from 8:30 to 4:30 so I shouldn't even be here.

We will be boondocking in our trailer with our Honda gennys while our neighbors go somewhere to get away, like Disneyland, San Diego or other fun places. We may do that too, but in the meantime, it's the hum of the Hondas.

Gotta power down my 'puter now so it can go bye-bye. Even in the RV I won't get wireless since the power for the routers hard-wired in the stickhouse is also down.

TTFN

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Yup, that's right. If not for the Monty parked way back in my driveway we'd be cavepersons, cavepeople, cavefamily, I don't know what to call them, but cavemen is not P.C.

The local electric company are shutting off the electricity to the neighborhood to "upgrade aging infrastructure..." from 8:30 to 4:30 so I shouldn't even be here.

We will be boondocking in our trailer with our Honda gennys while our neighbors go somewhere to get away, like Disneyland, San Diego or other fun places. We may do that too, but in the meantime, it's the hum of the Hondas.

Gotta power down my 'puter now so it can go bye-bye. Even in the RV I won't get wireless since the power for the routers hard-wired in the stickhouse is also down.

TTFN
Wow, I'm impressed! "you da man"....boondocking in your driveway! After your one-day experience, you should sponsor seminars so others can experience your expertise!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
And from the numerous replies of support following yours I surely would have considered that.

But the day was a bust. It rained and they never shut the power off. I guess they didn't want to work while the ground was wet. I didn't even get to fire up the gennys. So I didn't learn nuttin'.

Me and DW should find a way to get to Quartzite and learn from the real experts. More than a week boondocking in the Southwest desert would certainly teach me something.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Art, since it rained, do you think the people that owned the "camp ground" will give you a refund? Probably not!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Art,

You misjudged; the lack of replies (nice jab) had little to do with lack of interest with your topic. I heard from many people here in Quartzsite, who are actually boondocking, some first-timers, some learning new techniques, and some who are real seasoned experts....but, don't think for a moment they weren't watching and waiting for your reply.

We had quite a campfire discussion about your post out here in the genuine boonies....you know, the place where there is never any electricity, or a potty around the corner...the place where we pack our own water....and live off the power grid in style.

Guess this is the place where I should cut/paste a definition of boondocking from a google search.....? Nah, think I'll just let them learn on their own.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote