Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
jsnip42
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #179
Reccomendation for San Antonio TX

Going to San Antonio in July. Can anyone recommend a campground in the area. Plan to see Riverwalk and as much as I can in 4 days. Thanks

jsnip42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
If you are just looking for a place to stay, Braunig Lake RV Resort is about 6 mile from down town San Antonio. It is a full time Passport America CG. The standard sites are close together, but the premium (K) sites have lots of space including a separate pad to park your vehicle.

Admarilty RV is close to Water World, but a little more pricier then Braunig.

Others may have some other places.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Check out Travelers World on Roosevelt Avenue. I play golf at the adjacent golf course and the park looks very nice. I know some other MOCers have stayed there and enjoyed it. It is very close to the Riverwalk and downtown San Antonio. Since I live in San Antonio, I have not stayed in any of the RV Parks in the city. Let me know if I can be of any help on San Antonio questions. By the way, the city has just extended the Riverwalk about 2 miles further north and it is spectacular! You can catch a river taxi all the way to the old Pearl Brewery--thru the locks that had to be built! Have fun in San Antonio!
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
On our way back from Texas this spring we stayed at Travelers World on Roosevelt. It was very handy and a nice park. One good thing is that you can catch the city buss just across the street and go downtown. The parking downtown is difficult, especially for truck. We enjoyed doing the Alamo and river walk. It was a fun day.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
jsnip42
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #179
Thanks all for your suggestions. I booked reservations at Travelers today. They had a cancellation on a pull through and I got it. Really looking forward to seeing Texas and the Riverwalk.
jsnip42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
jsnip42 - Have fun there! But beware, much of the town is undergoing major road construction, so be patient with the traffic. Don't forget to visit the Alamo, the six missions and Breckenridge Park. There is also a SeaWorld there (in the middle of Texas, go figure) but I have not been there.

If it starts raining hard, head to high lands (that means leave town) because it floods.

And say hello to my uncles, aunts, cousins, second cousins, third cousins, former school chums, and my former elementary teachers. But avoid Sister Dorothy because she is probably still really good with that ruler!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:29 AM   #7
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Don't forget the zoo!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Just behind the East wall of The Alamo is a parking lot that charges $10 for the day. It is approximately located at 376 Bonham St. and the easiest way in is from the West on Alamo Plaza, (which is one way)then a right on E. Crockett St., then left on Bonham. The parking lot will be on your right. I had no problem with my F350 King Ranch, Crew Cab, Long Bed parking there.

It is a great location. Walk across the street and use the East gate into the Alamo, but I would suggest you go around and come in from the front. It is much more spectacular. After tourn the Alamo, walk out the front, across Alamo Plaza, and down the stairs to the River Walk.

Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Yup, Breckenridge Park has the zoo and a bunch of other stuff, like the beautiful Japanese gardens. That's can be a one to two day affair to cover it all.

Now I am feeling just a little homesick, but only a little. It will probably be pretty humid this summer, but you Easterners should have no problem with that. It could be worse, you could be in Houston.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We spent two months (Jan/Feb) of this year in site 914 in the Blazing Star RV Resort out on loop 1604. Not difficult to get to wherever you go. We loved our site in that park. We'd go back.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote