Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
grooving grandpa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8250
Kings Canyon Nat Park

Planning a trip after Labor Day to Kings Canyon National Park which is east approx 35 miles on HWY 180 from Fresno, Calif. It appears from my research all park campgrounds are dry camping. I see there is "Kings Canyon Mobile Home and RV Park" outside of the park, but just get a recording. Has anyone knowledge of a park with hook ups east on Hwy 180 or thereabouts. Don't mind driving 15 miles or so to get to the park for the day.

Thanks in advance

Lou Gaudin

grooving grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
tracey13

M.O.C. #8437
I live in Fresno. We've never stayed there, but I have passed by many times on my way in to Kings Canyon. There are a lot of permanent residents who live there. It doesn't leave a good impression. We have stayed at Kaweah Park Resort in Three Rivers. It is a very nice park, clean, but with just the basics. It is near the entrance to Sequoia National Park. You could do the loop through both parks or take one of the side roads to the west of the parks and then go north to KC for the day. If you end up staying there, be sure to eat at the Orange Blossom Junction!!

Tracey
tracey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Lou, I work across the road from Kings Canyon RV park. We looked into the park when I started my seasonal position at Sequoia National Forest. At one time this was a good park but now it is mainly permanent residents and no one usually mans the office, you have to go to their space. They have a sign on the door for self check-in and it states the cost is $32.00 a night. If you do not plan on taking your Montana through the parks, you can look into the RV parks in Three Rivers, CA. This is at the southern entrance to the park. There are a couple of good RV parks there. It is on HWY 198 going East out of Visalia, CA. The one problem is you can not take a rig longer than 22 feet through this entrance to the park due to the road. In a couple of areas it has sharp hairpin turns. Three Rivers is approx. 5 to 10 miles from the park entrance. If you need anymore information about the area let me know.

Oh! by the way, we wound up putting our Montana in storage in Visalia and are staying with my mother. This works out great as my mother has some medical conditions that we need to be close and take care of her.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
grooving grandpa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8250
Thanks Jim, Tracey also mentioned Kaweah Park Resort in Three Rivers in the message before yours. I checked it out on the internet and it looks pretty nice. Also, thanks for the info on the milage from the park. Definitely don't want to pull my 2955RL through the park. We will just do days trips and probably take the loop through both parks. We are going to San Simeon State Park down by Cambria 1st. Have never been to Hearst Castle. We will be traveling with two other rigs which is a lot of fun
grooving grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote