Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #1
dedcapri

M.O.C. #9999
Water Heater Issue

We are travelling thru Utah where there have been incredible high winds for the last several days. My water heater is no longer putting out hot water. I tried turning the on/off switch to off and then back on. I checked and I do have propane. I've read my manual. Not sure what I should do to remedy. Never dealt with water heater issues before. Thanks

dedcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Here in Kansas, we always have pretty high winds ... depending on how we are pointed relative to the wind, sometimes it blows out the flame on the hot water heater. I just switch over to electric or park my truck in a way to block the wind. Assuming you are using propane, can you hear the ignitor clicking when you flip the switch to on? After so many tries, it'll fault out similar to your fridge.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Do you get water just not hot? If you do not get any water it is probably the check valve in the back of the heater where the line connects.
If you do not get hot water on either elect or gas check the breakers.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote