Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I will have to check on the power requirements when we get to Cedar City. The lighter adapter is a great idea! Ozz also suggested we install an inverter and I think we would be fine running it off of that. Just haven't got around to it. I just always make sure to tell people about the requirement just in case.

As for the size the standard house king would fit in our trailer but not the California king size. We opted for the, I believe it is, 72x80 with the rounded corners. It gives me a little room to make the bed and move around. The regular king I think is 76x80 and would just fit inside the pop out space. I say give the guests a spring mattress with hints of the springs coming up!

BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Here is a link to the exact model we have in our trailer and we LOVE it!

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...cut-king/52685
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BusyCarol

I will have to check on the power requirements when we get to Cedar City. The lighter adapter is a great idea! Ozz also suggested we install an inverter and I think we would be fine running it off of that. Just haven't got around to it. I just always make sure to tell people about the requirement just in case.

As for the size the standard house king would fit in our trailer but not the California king size. We opted for the, I believe it is, 72x80 with the rounded corners. It gives me a little room to make the bed and move around. The regular king I think is 76x80 and would just fit inside the pop out space. I say give the guests a spring mattress with hints of the springs coming up!
OK thanks... I'm not sure what King we have. I'll have to take measurments when we get home... whenever that might be.

As far as installing an inverter - that's a good idea but it needs to be taken in context with the bigger picture. What you want to do with the rig, your battery supply, your present and future anticipated power needs etc. Just going ahead and putting one in without careful thought and planning will most likely result in wasting money when you pull it out and put in a different one.

In the interim there are cheap solutions.

When you get to Q, there are a lot of us with with solar and inverters. Feel free to pick our brains.

My rig on the north side of the circle has the big yellow flag with a black star on it. (Its the only way I can find my way home) Feel free to knock on the door and I'll give you the electrical nickel tour.
Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #24
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
Oh Greg thank you so much for the offer of the 'electrical nickel tour! You just made my husband's day! He is an Electrical Engineer and loves all discussions electrical! I only care if said discussions lead to me being able to run my microwave, charge my cell phone, pump up my bed, etc. I don't care how it gets done just want it when I want it! I don't want to have to hook up generator to fire up the keurig coffee maker! :-P I would love a good solar system too!

I have brought a laptop along just so I can keep notes on ALL of the modifications we are going to want to do after going to the Q!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
johnp4191
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6664
We replaced our bed with one purchased at Menards. Not my usual place to look for a mattress but they have them, they are reasonably priced and it is very comfortable. They just added a memory foam style to their offerings. In other words, look around and spend some time trying them out.

Judi
johnp4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #26
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We had a very comfortable mattress on our bed in the stick house. It is now in storage at our daughter's house. As soon as the mattress that came with the Montana starts to give out, we will replace it with our stored mattress.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:34 AM   #27
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
The dimensions of a regular king bed are 76" W x 80" L. A California king is 72" W x 84" L.
one reason we went with the 76 x 80 was clearance to the dresser vs clearance on the sides.
the way i describe sleeping on Sleep Number or other beds and latex foam vs memory foam is that you sleep ON air beds and latex beds, you sleep IN a memory foam bed. Adding memory foam toppers to air beds, spring mattresses, or latex, does give some relief to pressure points. At least this is the way we have experienced use of all of these beds through our 38 years together.... and the most magical aspect of that is, we agree on it!
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote