Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2004, 11:28 AM   #1
fla hobo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #166
Moving Heat Registers

We have been moving some of the heat registers & adding one in the toilet room.
Does anyone here have the same problem that we did with the toilet room being cold when the temps get low?
Well I was tired of sitting on that cold seat. Ernie being a old plumbing & heating man, added a reg. in there. He also didn't like the idea of the reg. not being at the fartherest pionts of the camper. He moved the one from the left side of the bed to under the dresser, up by the closet doors. It is alot nicer having some heat up there cuz thats my side of the bed. He gets some heat from the reg. under the garden tub.
We still have the one in the middle of the living room to move. He is planning on moving it under the desk, as the duct work runs under the kitchen cabinets. He says that we will not beable to patch the hole with the carpet so we are just going to block it off with a gold dampered reg. & leave the one that is close to the island cabinets as is.
He does understand why they would run the duct work all the way to the back of the camper & not put in a reg. back there. As we all know........... they are not pros in the haeting, cooling or plumbing feilds.
The one we added & changed were not real hard to do at all. If you have any questions maybe I could get him to answer them for you. I helped but I have a hard time putting directions down in words. LOL

Fla Hobo & Sweetpea
Rams & Toad
2 Parrots Mike & Spike
01 F250 V10 373 Gears
02 Montana 3295RK
16K Slider

Edited by - fla hobo on 01/12/2004 10:00:05 PM

fla hobo is offline   Reply With Quote