Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
KOA's

So far we have had very good stays at KOA. Most have pools and some have a hot tub as well. I am finding most have WiFi or at least a phone line in a rec room.
KOA's I can recomend so far is Carlesbad NM, very nice with pool and Hot tub but lacks trees. Large pull through slots.
Las Vegas, Pool and Hot Tub and right on the strip. However they pack em in.
Amarillo TX. Nice place fair ammount of room. Friendly staff. Dont remember seeing a pool.
Lawrence KS. Pool Hot Tub soon. Convienant to town. Pull throughs. Nice staff.
Oklahoma City,Ok. Another nice park. Pull through slots plenty of room and lots of trees. Has a pool and nice rec room.
And one close to home Caddo Mills Tx. Pool and Hot Tub. Fishing pond. Wi Fi. Pull through slots.
As I understand the franchise. There was a reorganization a few years back and went from a couple thousand franchises to about currently 500. KOA reset the standards of the franchise and many did not make the cut. I think the organization is trying to improve their image. So far So good. Bad thing is that their prices went up in an effort to keep the riff raff out. I think we are paying $23.00 with the card.
Hope this helps.

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
We've stayed at 4 or 5 KOAs in the last few years and with the exception of one, we liked them. I did find that their WiFi was a bit of a pain and not worth the cost so I used my cell phone instead. Our favorite one is KOA at Waves or Rodanthe on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We were there for about 10 days last year and will be back this fall. It was a lot more that $23.00 with the card. More like $50.00 a night!
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote