Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
Spring Rally ?

Is there a spring rally scheduled?

Old 10-13-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Bill, here is the schedule for the Spring Rally.

April 19 (Thursday) Through April 25 (Wednesday), 2012 - MOC SPRING Rally - Distant Drums RV Park at Camp Verde, AZ
Old 10-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
gr8330
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11715
How does the Spring rally compare to the Fall rally?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:35 AM   #4
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
Thank you Doug. We will be there.

Bill
Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
gr8330
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11715
Ok let me change my question. What goes on at the Spring Rally? Any vendors, factory people, planned events, or just a good group of people getting together?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
[
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gr8330

Ok let me change my question. What goes on at the Spring Rally? Any vendors, factory people, planned events, or just a good group of people getting together?
I am surprised no one answered this already, so let me take a shot. All rallies feature a great group of people! The Spring Rally is no different in that respect. What does differ is the Spring Rally is not as technical as the Fall Rally. Because it is held in the west, Keystone doesn't participate as they do in Goshen. Normally the regional Montana representative (typically Charles Wade who lives in AZ) will join us for a day, do a presentation on what is new, meet with members who have problems, and try to appease them. Mor-ryde always tries to send a representative to discuss their products. And the organizers try to enlist the support of a local Montana dealer to provide rigs for touring and goodies to give away. Occiasionally other vendors will make an appearance but nothing like what happens at Goshen.

To compensate, the wagon masters try to schedule technical sessions by the real experts - us the users. An amazing amount of knowledge exists amongst the members and they are always willing to share. No rally is complete without the social events (potlucks, games, white elephant exchanges, dessert nights, raffles, and other group activities). Lastly, the Spring Rally seems to always be situated where there are lots of things to see and do outside of the RV park. The organizers always leave ample free time so members can explore without a conflict with another scheduled rally activity.

To give you an idea of what goes on, here is a link to the agenda for this year's Spring Rally held at Jackson, CA. http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=43685

If you haven't been to a rally, or if Goshen is too far away, you should try to attend the Spring Rally. I am positive you will enjoy yourself, learn something new, meet some really terrific folks, and not have 8-10 trains thundering by you every hour of the day and night.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Mike
Let me give a stab at this although I'm a rookie and only have attended one so my comments are limited to a single experience. John & Roxanne (workerb) were the wagon masters and did one heck of a great job. We had a rep from Keystone (Charles Wade) and a rep from MorRyde. Both did presentations. As a bonus, a local dealer that several of us had purchased rigs from, brought a few new models to display. There were some presentations by some members about the forum, full timing and some great adventures. There were several craft groups, sharing and a show and tell/open house for all of our rigs.

I know I am missing things but I can tell you that it was very well done. I imagine that each is different. Perhaps those that that have much more experience can add to this.

Ken
Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
The Spring Rally is alive and well. It just been delayed because the WMs have been working on their 50th High School Reunion. The Reunion is over this weekend so next week you will start seeing active information on the Rally. Also serving as CO-WMs will be Jack and Terry Craig. Thanks for the interest in the Rally and thanks to the members who have stepped forward to give outstanding information regarding the Spring National Rally. Dennis and Mary Kay Hill
Closed Thread