Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Interesting Question!

I have both an iMac and a PC. When I log into the MOC I'll get a bunch of topics on the PC and very few, if any on the iMac.I'm logging in the same time,both machines have the exact same settings for the MOC site.
Any suggestions or idea's?
Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
What pages are you viewing?

Could you be looking at all topics on one and, and new topics on the other? What you see as "active topics" is set by time logged on last and probably cookies as well, so depending on WHEN you last updated the forum page, one computer "sees" different active topics than the other.

Try a two-computer test. On each computer, mark all forum threads as "read" and go back later without closing either browser window to look at "active" messages. If each computer knows all past threads have been read, you should get the same results on both computers.

There appear to be a lot of HTML errors & warnings in this forum's coding (W3C standards stuff, nothing that we can fix), but that should only affect appearance,and not the number of messages being displayed.

I'd bet a paycheck that the most recent log-in times and/or cookies on the two computers are just out of synch, resulting in different messages being displayed.
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Jack, I think patbarton has it right. When you see the first page of active topics it says "active topics since last logged on" then gives the date and time of your last login. The pc must be hitting the form a little ahead of the mac. You can change the last logged in times by using the pull down menu. Jim
Old 05-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Jack,
Take a look in the browser preferences on the iMac and see what the setting are. You may not be allowing cookies and that will keep you from seeing what you are seeing on the PC - just a thought. Also in the preferences go into security and make an exception. use "*.montanaowners.com" without the qutoes. That is a wild card that will allow all MOC stuff to pass through the settings.

I'm on the road and I'm on the PC, but I have an iMAC at the stick house and I do not have the problem you are having.

good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Wayne,I'll try you're suggestions if I can figure out on my iMac how to get into those area's. I've only had it for 3 weeks. going from PC to Mac,so far the Mac Rules!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Jack, go the the "Active Topics Since" box at the top and select the same option for both of the computers. Now you should see the same topics for each computer. I've done this when I've moved from one computer to another. Like Pat says, the forum keeps track.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Jack,
You will have two preferences. One is the system preferences that you get to by clicking on the apple logo. The other will be in the first pull down menu on an application, like Firefox, IE, etc., The Apple logo one will say "System preferences." The application one will say preferences.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote