Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Florida Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #1
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Fort DeSoto Park Mini-Rally

We have 3 confirmed families for Fort DeSoto Park for 2/28/09 thru 3/6/09. We will be there along with cdaniels, HughM and Glenn and Lorraine have promised to stop by. I don't know how many sites are left because it is a popular destination in the winter but the website is:
http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_Ft_Desoto.htm
just copy and paste. You will not be disappointed because it is a beautiful campground and the beaches have been rated number one in the USA!! We live about 35 minutes from there and we camp there all the time. No sewer, but they have 50 amp service in the non-pet area and are changing the pet area over soon. 2 dump stations - no waiting! Dave and I volunteer at Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo and will give a tour if anyone is interested. Hurry and book a site! Joanie

I just went to the website and very few sites are left. If you play around with the dates you will find more sites available. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up on this one. I should have posted earlier. Dave and I will be in the pet area in site 138 on 3/2, 3/3 and 3/4. Stop by and say hi even if you can't get a site and are in the area.

CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yes Joanie, Lorraine and I will stop down and I hope that other MOCers will do the same. As stated previously, I will not be bringing my Monty but just driving down for the day.
I known there are a number of other MOCers within a very short drive that could also attend not to mention a number that are within a 2 hour drive that could actually car pool to save on fuel costs.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #3
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
A nice picnic at one of the pavilions at the beach might be nice. We will be there for 4 days and one of the days we are getting a tour together for the zoo. Anyone interested in coming to Ft DeSoto Park in the St. Petersburg area for the day please let me know. I would like to get a count of how many for the zoo and also how many for a picnic. Joanie
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Count us in on the picnic at the pavilion. Those are always good. We just visted the zoo so we think we'll pass on that one.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote