Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
What's temporary?

So. What would be the definition of temporary Crown? I'm thinking the Dentist would lean toward "When the permanent Crown comes back from the Crown-making place." Reasonable, I says.
Mine fell off 23 hrs. after the 1 hr 45 minute install, as I was eating a sammie. I go back, he says "I figured the plastic temporary Crown wouldn't last because of your hard bite, we will put a metal one on." So I asked: Why didn't you put a metal one on with that figuring?
He says nothing. An assistant put the metal one on, I could tell she was a waste of space. The new and improved metal Crown did not last an hour. I drive back up there, doors locked, lights on inside, cars in lot. I call information, get the emergency numbers. Page Dr.#1, got Nuttin, left message, then call other number, Dr.#2
Office manager answers, doesn't know how to reattach tooth, says she will call first Dr. I wait 1/2 hr. I leave.
Office manager calls 15 minutes later, had no luck with Dr.#1, I'm guessing Dr.#2 ceased to exist in the last hour.
She says you might go to the Drug store and get the glue to glue tooth back on, at this point I am going for it, I go to the drug store. Then Dr.#1 calls me, "Had my phone turned down, didn't hear it." He was using my excuse, probably heard me use it when his furnace quit last year.
I could hear his kids crying in the background, I tells myself there is no way in hell he is coming back to the office.
He thinks it is a great idea to use the drug store glue. I'm thinking it is a good idea for him to not tell his patients where he lives. I glue tooth back on. An hr. later tooth falls off.
Tooth in drawer.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Sorry for your misfortune....but you make me giggle!!! I hope the tooth doesn't stick to the drawer with all that tooth glue on it!!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Oh, gosh. You make me laugh, Ozz. What a mess.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
And then the world famous question "Did it hurt". sorry Ozz I could't help myself. LOL.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jim, Maybe if you put the tooth under your pillow, the toooof fairy will see it, have sympathy and leave some good tooooof glue for you. Sorry bud, couldn't resist. however, temporary is a relative term................. Also, sent you a PM.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
1 hr 45 minutes in the chair, ugh. Grind, grind grind. Why do they always numb your mouth then start grinding the tooth, then have to numb you again when you jump after they hit that nerve that they missed.. Mumble mumble.
"Mr. Osbern, would you like some cheese with that whine?"
Old 01-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Put it under the pillow as suggested and say, "Dear Tooth Fairy. All I want is a new truck, a new Montana, and a new tooth!"
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jim, I always tell the dentist I do not numb easy and it's ok to use extra anesthetic, usually works.....

Wayne, Is the tooth fairy now into the RV and Truck business????? If so I might just pull one of mine and put under there!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #9
doofus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10583
Get a new dentist. One of my sons is a dentist and he has the equipment to make permanent crowns in the office.
doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #10
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Ozz, I had an almost opposite situation with a partial...while in the service, I had a "temp" partial put in and was told when I got to my next permanent duty station I could get a permanent partial made/installed. Well, 18 years passed before I got to what someone considered a permanent duty station and got the permanent partial made. In the meantime, the temp would break and I would have to get it repaired every other year or so...who said the health care system is broke!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Back when I wasn't retired I was working for a company testing Laser printers (before inkjets) which would allow all sizes and types of fonts to be used. Remember when computer printouts used to be only one size?

Anyway, when my daughter was losing her teeth my wife would put the money under the pillow but forgot to remove the tooth one time. My daughter was so surprised (and we almost got caught having to explain who the tooth fairy really was) she didn't know what to do. So I immediately suggested she keep the tooth under the pillow to see if she could get some more money. She was very happy about that but my wife glared at me in disbelief but I just gave her a wink.

That day I went to work and printed a small note on the new-fangled printer being tested with a font size of 4. The note said:

Same Tooth
Not Funny
Forsooth
No Money

T. Fairy

When she slept that night DW removed the tooth from under the pillow and put this note under her pillow. This worked so well, we had her going for another decade with the Tooth Fairy, Bunny, Santa Claus and such. She's 31 years old now and still hasn't forgiven us for "lying" to her for so many years.

So Ozz, if you put your crown under your pillow you better be sleeping in the garage where your new TV and RV can fit under the pillow. Let's hope you don't get a note.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha! Good story Art.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:00 AM   #13
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
OZZ....I know of a couple good dentists in Mexico!
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:07 AM   #14
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Jim, I always tell the dentist I do not numb easy and it's ok to use extra anesthetic, usually works.....

Wayne, Is the tooth fairy now into the RV and Truck business????? If so I might just pull one of mine and put under there!!!!
Phil,
I think so. Give it a try and let us know what happens. The worse is that you get a note (from Art).
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I just took the Dremel, ground out all the old glue, and re-glued it with the drug-store glue. So far I haven't swallowed it....
Ozz-mod, 101
Old 01-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #16
doofus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10583
doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Paul, you are a Hoot!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #18
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
Ozz, I once worked with a carpenter that had a similar problem with a temp crown. He solved it with hot glue! When he returned for the permanent crown and the dentist saw the glue, he said. "Don't move, I'm getting my camara". "No one is going to believe this".

This might work for you!!
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #19
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Ozz:
You are going to have to start carrying a bottle of SUPER GLUE in your pocket. When you feel it coming loose with your tongue, give it a little squirt. I really wanted to take you and DW out to the Hereford House, but I am afraid I would be blamed for making your teeth fall out. May have to wait till you get a new dentist....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #20
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wasn't it George Washington that had the wooden choppers? Mabye a Oak, or hard Maple.. I may have to talk to Wild Horse. crownThis temporary crown is a small cap way in the back on the bottom of my grinders, I woke this morning, and all is well, it's tight and survived my cooking last night, I made meatloaf.
I will keep the hot glue and super glue on stand-by. :0