Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
Plus one for Keystone

Last week I drove out a little more than 400 miles to pick up the new High Country 343RL where the PDI and orientation went well with the Dealer. Everything worked as intended and I gave it a water tight test driving home in the rain.

Well..... the next day I went to take the chill off and the furnace wouldn't ignite. My dealer was over 400 miles away so I contacted Keystone who tried to troubleshoot the problem with Atwood but no good so they gave me the names of three dealers here in Calgary to go to. As expected as soon as they found out I didn't buy it from them none would look at the trailer for a couple of months. However one of them recommended a mobile guy who I contacted and would look at it the next day but warned me that the warranty wouldn't cover service calls.

I again contacted Keystone where she asked how long I had the trailer and when she found out I took delivery just one day prior they immediately authorized the full meal deal.

The mobile guy showed up the next day and tested the suspected bad curcuit board which it was and replaced it on the spot. Took ten minutes...

I happily paid him and Keystone is reimbursing all the costs including shipping the defective curcuit board back to them...

I expected I would have some sort of problems with the Monty and if something was to go I'm glad it went right away at home...

Thank you Christy and Keystone for your excellent customer support and service!

08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Great to hear about your positive experience, thanks for sharing it with us.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Tim, thanks for sharing your experience and the final outcome. We often forget to compliment Keystone when they come forward, as they should, to help the loyal Monty owners. Good luck on your new rig and safe travels. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
We had problem with our furnace not working when we went down to Arizona. Keystone said to take to local dealer; we xaid we were set up in park and not willing to move. Had a mobile outfit come out and fix for $80 and wife got Keystone to reimberse the $80 for service call. Satisfied with Keystone so far. They also authorized a new front axle and 2 new tires ( Goodyear Marathons) because of bad tire wear within first year.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote