Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2004, 06:27 PM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Refrigerator Lighting Tip

Have our unit packed up for a weekend trip. Always like to light the frig the night before so it is cold by the time we pull our. I know we have a lot of new members and thought I would share this lighting tip. When we put our unit in storage we turn off the propane at the tanks. Since the frig is the first thing I want to use when we turn the gas back on there is always the problem of a small amount of air in the propane lines. When we first got our unit I would push the on button and stand there waiting for the "check" light to come on. Was very frustrating to have to try several times, waiting between each try. Here is how I solved that problem. When we turn the propane on the first thing I do is turn the front burner of the stove on, holding one of those butane click lighters to the burner I slowly begin to get a flame. Within seconds the burner lights fully. I turn the burner off and then go to the frig. Hit the on button and it lights the first try. Sure saves frustration of waiting to see if that check light comes on.....

Tom & Joyce Holroyd
Fayetteville, GA
2003 Montana 3295RK
Ford Lariat 350 CC 4x4
6.0 Diesel

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote