Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2006, 03:58 AM   #1
rvivey
Established Member

M.O.C. #5060
Factory visit

Hey fellow MOC's this will be my first visit to the factory for some warranty repairs. I have a few items that have developed since I purchased the 3475RL last December. I have an appointment on the 5th of September and would like to know what to expect. Is there anything I need to do before I arrive? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Mickey and Patti
Montana 3475RL
Ford F350 DRW

rvivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:15 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Mickey, first of all there are four sites with water and electricity at the service center, first come, first serve. We parked there the night before, early in the day to secure a site. When we were there, Glen went into the office early, maybe before 6:30 a.m. to check with the guys there. The Service Center guys then came out to our rig and checked our Montana for frame flex and we also had a list of a few other things that needed attention. Our next task was to find out where we should spend the rest of the day until 3 or 4 o'clock. Pretty simple. We were there three days, took the factory tour on Tuesday. I'm sure others will be along to fill in more details.

Judy
http://spaces.msn.com/bamatravelers/
http://bamatravelers.blogspot.com
Traveling with Glen and Greta in our 2004 Dodge dually and Montana 3380 RL

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #3
rvivey
Established Member

M.O.C. #5060
Thanks Judy,
Did you stay at the service center for the 3 days?

Mickey and Patti
Montana 3475RL
Ford F350 DRW
rvivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mickey and Patti, they will pull your rig back to the site each evening for you to overnight in, if the rig can be used. If it cannot be used then you'll need to find a motel or other arrangements. It's a day to day thing but you might ask them if the work to be done will preclude you stay in it. Also, remind them to keep the electricity connected so your fridge will operate. They will likely shut off the propane. Safety.

If the four sites are full, you can park yours crosswise either behind or in front of one of the other rigs. Each site has two water and two electric hookups. Actually, one water but you can Y off it. We had a couple of folks doing this and it's what the service folks told us would probably happen.

If you are nice to the service folks, it's a very pleasant experience. They are very helpful, knowledgeable people.

We were at the service center for 3 nights, although we had to get a motel one night. We overlapped times with Judy and Glen.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote