Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
update on NON repair at dealers

Well I took a ride up and visited my dealer on the work not being started on my crack problem.I told him I made the appointment and over 30 days now and no work has even been started "whats up".He looked at me and said that they are waiting for the "montana team" to deal with the repair.I said O really well I called Keystone and they told me that you haven`t even called them about any repair on my unit.He gave me this BLANK look.I could feel my blood pressure going up and told him I am VERY upset at your sh**y service department.he said he was sorry but gave me no date as to when it would be completed.I felt like hooking up my Montana and taking it out right their.but as I stated before Montana dealers in my area are non exsistent.The next closet I believe is 5 hours away.I hate to have to get lawyers involved with this but I feel my back is aganist the wall.does any one know of SOME ONE at Keystone that can put some pressure on this dealer to get off their butts and fix my unit?

i`am very close to the point of just hooking it up and going to another dealer and trade this thing in for another brand 5er.Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.I do love my Montana but I hate to be jerked around.calm down John its not the end of the world.lol

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:20 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Address an email to the Parts and Service Manager at Keystonerv.com. I am sure he will help. He has been very accommodating to us. A very nice person to deal with as I am sure you will find out. Keep us posted.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:04 AM   #3
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Don't sell your unit because of the crappy service people at your dealer... that would be a mistake and hopefully after this you won't have to take it in again for a very long time if ever.

Go higher in the food chain, this dealership has to have an owner and find out who that person or people are and TELL THEM! Really, I have done that so many times and if I don't get satisfaction from the pee-ons at a place I just keep going up the food chain until I get satisfaction. OR you could stand there and the 2 of you could call Montana and get it rectified... call their bluff, if the 2 of you call Montana then they can't say they are waiting on Keystone now can they?

They want to jerk you around, grab the chain back, wrap it around them and you start jerking them around. Like I said before the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Aren't these the idiots who did something to your truck?
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:29 AM   #4
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
You know, there are clinics and rehab centers to help you with this. Unless, of course, you're a plumber and the problem is of another sort. Sorry...cheap laugh...

-------------

"Well I took a ride up and visited my dealer on the work not being started on my crack problem."
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:10 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
harleyrider,

Sorry about your problems.

I suggest you send a registered letter to Jeff Rank at Keystone. Explain the problem with the dealer and try to keep your temper and language under control. Stick to the facts. Ask for permission and support to have the unit repaired at another local shop.

The letter will be a lot less expensive than a lawyer and more effective. Jeff has been responsive in the past and assisted with problems I had long before the MOC was formed. Give him a chance to rectify it.

Chances are he will authorize repair at another facility or allow a certain amount for repair at a place of your choice.

Identify yourself as an MOC member.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:58 AM   #6
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Harleyrider,sorry to hear about your problems,been down that road myself with problems we had with our montana and the dealer told us he was waiting on keystone to authorize.We called keystone ourselves and talked to an service rep.,do not re-call his name at this time,and he authorized the repairs on the phone and even had our unit taken to another dealer for repairs with-in24 hours at no exspense to us,entire work was completed with-in 2 weeks and returned the unit to our selling dealer to complete some small warranty items.We have some cosmetic warranty work that has to be completed yet,service appt. is nov. 17 and our selling dealer is now alot more responsive than his first attempt at service.Parts are already in and waiting for us to complete our camping for this season,we have two more weekend trips planned,hang in there,keystone will come through for you but i know exactly how you feel,i vented my problems here and bashed keystone pretty good here but they have came through so far, make phone calls and rant a little, the reps. will not get upset, like someone else stated, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.This will work out but we know it lets a bad taste for you about keystone,i know if i had to do over, a montana it would not be but it is so we will live until all the problems are fixed.Hang in there and good luck.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:58 AM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Maybe you could get Keystone to authorize you to take the 5er to a body shop that specializes in fiberglass repair and have it fixed there. Just a thought. I would have a hard time dealing with this dealer, it really sounds like Keystone (Montana)should find another dealer to represent their products in your area.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:56 PM   #8
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Thanks for all the support on my problem.Mike I was as high on the food chain as you can go with this dealer.This is a family owned dealership.I was talking to the father who owns it.And his son who sold it to us.His other son is the service manager(and yes hes the idiot that did damage to my truck)i`am thinking that this is the under lining problem.They weren`t to thrilled to pay for the repair for my truck.It cost them $3500.they did cut me a check for the truck repair but i`am telling you I got this feeling that they were highly upset about it.

I am a member of the Teamsters Union and we have free lawyer service.So I will be visiting the dealer on Friday with my lawyer by my side and see if they change their tune on the Montana repair.It just so happens that this lawyer is a personal friend of mine.And he has a way of talking to people and letting them know whats right and whats wrong.This is wrong and hopefully when I show up with a lawyer they will see the light.Or maybe it could back fire on me but I`ll take that chance.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote