Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
2006 Montana 3400....5 year report..

We were 5 years old in May of 2011 and been on the road as long timers since then. Between the two trucks that we pulled this with a conservative estimate of mileage on the old girl is pushing 50K. We did 25K on the first truck and this truck is over 40K and I figure 80% of that was pulling the 3400 since we use the truck for little else.

The 3400 is showing signs of wear.Not falling apart or anything but well used. The major upgrade on it was the Mor Ryde IS system that we felt was necessary considering the miles pulled and the hard use. We got the upgraded brakes from Dexter at the last rally.

Our Graphics are finally showing wear. Most are still perfect but some are starting to peel and shrink and in a couple of spots are lifting from the gel coat?? From a few steps away all looks normal.

We have never had a leak..anywhere. Cleaned the roof today and it is dirty but in very good shape. Never had a hydraulic problem all the slides work just fine . The slide toppers are in good condition no rips or tears. The main awning is faded and is drying out (Florida and AZ sun) Think we will upgrade to a electric awning at the fall rally.

No frame problems although the service center did reinforce the front end.

The carpet that I did not think would last 3 years is in excellent condition. Helen cleans it with her Kirby system twice a year.

The cabinets and woodwork are in good shape execpt were the &^%$##
bird Gnawed on them.

we had our share of nuisance problems and of course the "melt down" at quartz site within the first six months we had it..due to..shoddy workmanship at the factory of which I never let Keystone forget about although they went above and beyond to get us repaired and on the road.

For those that recently purchased hope this may give you some idea of the reliability of these guys.. They are labor intensive and you got to keep after them. Keystone/Montana and the service center have been outstanding over the years. That does not mean I get my way all the time.

When we purchased this 3400 we figured that it would last 5 to 7 years the way we planned to use it. It has exceeded our expectations after 5 years.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote