Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #41
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I love my King Pin Stabilizer...thanks to a friend I have one....for us it makes a big difference.

I think my biggest waste at Camping World was the lights that never go on the awning as it stays in all the time. Wheel covers come to mind as well a couple of sewer things that I know nothing about and don't want to know about.

I would say the wheel stabilizers and my rugs that cover my carpets in the RV are some of my better purchases.

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #42
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I second Driftwoodgal as to the wheel covers. Most tire experts will tell you (I believe) that the wheel covers that everyone messes with every time they move their rig are not worth the money. Our rig sets every day or is on the road when not setting in one place and we don't cover the tires at all. We used to. Oops, that was one of the dumbest newbie things I did. I had completely forgotten about it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #43
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
I Agree Driftwoodgal the light i bought seame like we never get to put them up,and for the king pin stabilizer i do use mine if i am going to be more then a day but i did have to modify the top and wield a flat ring around to keep it from cutting the teflon ring on the pin box........
mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #44
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I make it a rule to talk to people that have an Item I "Think" I might want, before I buy. I guess the thing I bought was the gadget that holds your sewer hose supposedly at the perfect drain angle. Cannot say it did not work if you had the perfect place to set it up. Hardly worth carrying considering the minimal benefit.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:33 AM   #45
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Old Fogies

The power adapter that connects the 30 and 20 amp recpts. to give you the 50 amps. Every campground that we visit has had a GFI breaker on the 20amp circuit.
We had one but we bought ours and used in several campgrounds before they started installing the GFI receptacles. It worked very well and provided us with excellent power. If you're going to be where the receptacles are not GFI (some of the old city and county parks), for a period of time, I believe the investment is worth it.

Orv
I bought Orv's power adapter that connects the 30 and 20 amp to give you the 50 amps for our trip to Alaska last year. In the Yukon and Alaska 30 amp and non-GFI are the norm. However, we found that we did fine on just 30 amps. So we never used it. Anyone interesting in buying a "30 and 20 amp to give you the 50 amps" connector let me know.

I bought one of the magnetic strips for the propane bottle. So, far haven't made use of that.

I also have a set of the wheel covers. When our slides are out the tires are usually in the shade and being fulltimers we either are driving or have our slides out. Anyone interested in a set wheel covers just let me know.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:37 AM   #46
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
The 20 to 50 amp adapters will only enable you to plug the trailer into a 20 amp outlet, it does not provide you with 50 amp power.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #47
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jim, Does that include those black boxes that bill them selves as "cheater" boxes. You know the ones with two male plugs, one 20 and one 30 amp and then a 50 amp female outlet. Mine says it combines the 20 and 30 amp leads from the power box and combines then to make 50 amps. I have tried to use it several times but no luck. I guess the GCFI circuits come into play and won't allow this thing to work correctly. If that's the case this is another useless thing I have bought......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:19 AM   #48
Superdave
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6291
And they just keep rolling in ......LOL ! What have I started ?? I did get some Flamingo canopy lights for Christmas and I will assure you that due to the fact that our 9 year old Grandson picked them out, my Wife will demand their use at every occasion ! I'm old enough to be smart enough to listen to her on such things !
Superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:36 AM   #49
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We found that the magnetic propane strips are a totally useless. The instructions recommend that you pour boiling water over the tank and strip to get it to work. So that is one of the most usless items we have found. As for the "cheater" box, we have one and have used it many times at Skidaway State park. The have two 30 amp plugs in each pedestal and one 20 amp w/gfi. For some reason it always worked with the two 30amp plugs but kicked off at 9pm. We have found that there are still a lot of parks where you can use it. Wheel covers are another item we never used and they went away. We have also bought and given away or thrown away several chairs and folding tables from CW that either broke right away or were useless unless you were on dead level ground.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:46 AM   #50
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
I'm still waiting for someone to be brave enough to admit they bought a louvered tailgate.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 AM   #51
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

I'm still waiting for someone to be brave enough to admit they bought a louvered tailgate.
I've got one, but it was given to me along with the tri-pod. I never had any interest in buying one, but for free I thought I would give it a try.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #52
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:

I don't know if it falls under the definition of louvered, but I am considering a 5th wheel tailgate so I don't have to lower the tailgate when hooking/unhooking.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #53
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I believe Pam is planning on putting rhinestones on Bob's louvered tailgate, but I think they actually like theirs .
Old 12-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #54
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Quote:

I don't know if it falls under the definition of louvered, but I am considering a 5th wheel tailgate so I don't have to lower the tailgate when hooking/unhooking.
Yep, that raising and lowering the tailgate just wears me out too!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #55
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I bought a louvered tailgate but it was only because I ruined the original one. It ended up in a dumpster behind the Elks club in Caldwell, ID in 2004.

Orv
Old 12-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #56
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Ok, a bit embarrassed here:

I have to say the trailer cover was the most expensive bit of stupidity but I have a few other things like suction cup holders, stick on levels, etc. I have a garage full of items someone may be interested in?????

Having read the thread, I guess I just saved a few dollars, crossing out king pin stabilizer for the new year!

RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #57
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:

I bought a louvered tailgate but it was only because I ruined the original one. It ended up in a dumpster behind the Elks club in Caldwell, ID in 2004.

Orv

Orv,
Thanks for sharing. Probably did as much good for the dumpster as it did for you. Rhinestone model by chance?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #58
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Actually I think Bob really wants that rhinestone encrusted louvered tailgate
Old 12-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #59
ratfink11
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9683
I bought a louvered tail gate! Not for fuel economy, but for convinence when hitching/de-hithching. Bought those fifth wheel hitch bed rail pin lock thingys. Once installed, bed rail pins were so lose I was concerned about the hitch being loose!
ratfink11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #60
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:

Quote:

Orv

Orv,
Thanks for sharing. Probably did as much good for the dumpster as it did for you. Rhinestone model by chance?
No. Just a cheapie.