Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Recliner Dimension.......

Merry Christmas MOC'ers......hoping one of you can help me out....
our 5'er (Big Sky)is sleeping in the snow in New Hampshire at the moment and I need the dimensions of the recliner. We found a pair of recliners we like at Costco and need to know if they would fit. Our model is the 340RLQ 2008. Tried the Keystone site but no help there thought I could get the dimensions of the area, but no success.

We just got her in August and are planning our escape for the full time lifestyle in late summer...so trying to make any changes we want before we hit the road.

I thank you for your help and hope you are having a great holiday.

pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
at worse just call keystone and ask for tech. support. they seem to be getting lots of calls from me lately. and, they do answer the questions.

ed
montana 3150
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We bought recliners from Costco during the summer. I can't remember the name but they are brown leather and came with ottomans. They fit fine. We have 2007 3075.
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Bahlinout, we have a 2008 Big Sky and the dimensions of our recliners are: Height - 37 1/2"; Depth - 35" and Width - 34". It doesn't appear that the backs come off for ease of getting through the door. Hope this helps.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Thank you for the help. Knew I could count on you guys!

John and Dorothy....that's exactly what I found at Costco...brown leather Euro style with ottoman...just love them. Did you have any trouble getting the old ones out of the rig????

Bob and Pam: thanks for the dimensions now I will go to Costco armed with the dimensions before I spend all my money and then find out they won't fit.

If you know Costco...they don't keep alot of stock....it's usually buy it when you see it or you lose! Had that happen a couple of weeks ago, the DH saw this tool set he really wanted, but didn't want to buy right then..well I went back to get it for him for Christmas and they were all gone!!!

Once again...thanks and have a wonderful New Year holiday!

Betty
Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
It takes 2 people to get the old ones out of the rig. We had to extend them then turn them sideways and snake them out the door. You can do this but it will make you wonder why Keystone would use these overweight chairs in the first place.

The Costco chairs are lighter and easier to use but you will have to get them in the same way.

Glad we made the change
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Well, we had success, got the two recliners from Costco and have set them up in the stick house. there were only 4 chairs and after we got ours someone was taking the other two, think we did good to do it today! They are awesome....going to be hard to move them to the 5er in April. But then again, that will be a first step to the road to full timing..... Can't wait, we keep looking at all we have to get rid of.....but have decided the only way to do this is to be realistic and to remember it's only stuff! And we have way too much!!!

Thanks again for all your help, just love it when a plan comes together.

Betty