Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2007, 02:23 AM   #1
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Picked up the New Monty

Closed the deal on and picked up the new 5er yesterday. Was at the dealership from 10 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon. We have decided to name her K9 Suite and will get personalized plates. So if you see us motoring down the road give us a wave.

Maybe because this isn't my first bite at the apple, the walk-through was more informative than my last one. This dealership went the extra mile to prep the unit, e.g. flush the fresh water tank and order trim that had been scuffed up.

When we bought our TV, the truck dealer pulled the brake controller from our old TV and installed it in the new one. They totally screwed up the wiring resulting in the controller getting fried the first couple of times we applied the brakes. The brakes would lock up, so we had to tow without brakes or lights. Thankfully, it was only a 24 foot TT. I wasn't worried about stopping it or no turn signals, just the absence of brake lights.

The only other snag yesterday involved our 2 dogs. DD was supposed to have been home to dog sit. We had to leave the house at 7:30 for a VA Dr appointment (took the TT with us). She didn't come home Thursday night and didn't call us Friday morning, so we took the dogs with us. They are normally very good pups, but when they are inside and can see us outside they get neurotic. One of them starts chewing stuff. When we did our walk-through we put them in our old TT. You guessed it, the saw us. One of them chewed one of the those anti-skid shelf mats and one of the cushions to the TT's couch. Couldn't hide it from the salesman, he was the one that discovered the damage. It didn't affect the bottom line.

We are off in an hour to a local camp ground. Photos to follow

Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Congrqats on the Deal. There is nothing like that feeling of picking up your unit and pulling out of hte lot. I hope you have many many years of safe and fun travels in your new unit. BTW...Which unit did you purchase?
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:41 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on your new pull toy. I know what you mean about truck people messing up the wiring. The dealer (in North Carolina) that sold me the F350 transfered the connector for the inside-the-bed plug from the old truck to the new one.

It was supposed to be a simple plug in wiring harness. The service technician (?) didn't even use connectors to hard wire it in. He just twisted the wires and taped them. He didn't even use wire nuts. Bottom line is that on my fast trip front New York to Houston, TX, the wires began to untwist and part of the connection was lost or unstable, so I lost brake lights and left directional signal for the last 700 miles.

Holiday World, a Montana dealer in Houston, discovered the problem and made a proper connection for $20 on a Saturday after hours. I took it to a local Ford dealer and he confirmed it was properly done now.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
May you enjoy many safe and happy miles in your new wheel estate!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and enjoy your new unit.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Joe-n-Doe,
Congratulations on the new rig. That is a very nice model, and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Hope you can join us next time we have one of our informal mini-rallies.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Congratulations on your new rig. If you can come to one of our many rallies, you'll have fun and meet some wonderful people.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote