Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
UPDATE, January 31: Bish's RV in Idaho Falls, Idaho
Our Montana is still in Bish's service department, and the repairs are not finished. We've been given the runaround over and over--"Keystone hasn't shipped the parts," (it had) "Keystone won't cover this under the warranty," (it did), "I'll call you . . . . " (Bish's didn't). For details, read my thread under the forum topic Hey, Keystone, what I'd like to say if . . .

[s]Sales 10+. Very courteous, informed staff who will spend hours with you going over every unit on their huge lot. Even better, they will leave you alone, if you like, to spend all the time you want in those rigs--no salesman hovering over you, yammering away. That was great.[/s] NOTE: What difference does it make if the sales department is good, but the service department is lousy?

Service: [s]Initially a 10, but now it's a 5 and rapidly dropping[/s] It dropped to 0 in mid-January and is now BELOW 0. We took our Monty in at the end of July for some warranty work. Today, [s]December 25th,[/s] JANUARY 31st, it's still there. (Good thing we didn't have any trips planned in the last 6 months.) First, we never had any calls from the dealer; we had to call repeatedly to find out what the status was on our rig. More than once, we were told that no record could be found of our rig being scheduled for service--no record of our bringing it in, nothing. I finally asked if my Montana had been stolen; what else was I to think? Generally, a call or two on my part to the manager or someone else got that cleared up, but it's disconcerting to hear "Are you sure it's here? We can't find any record of it."

Then we were told that Keystone had refused to honor the warranty service on one item. So, I called Keystone directly and asked why. Keystone did indeed have records of Bish's submitting the item--in SEPTEMBER, nearly 3 months after we'd taken our rig to Bish's. Our warranty expired in mid-August. We had the rig in well in advance of the expiration date, but Bish's apparently didn't get the paperwork done for warranty service until September. The nice Keystone rep agreed the problem wasn't our fault and yes, Keystone would honor the warranty.

I've called repeatedly since the end of September to see if our rig was ready yet. The service department has never called us except to return one of our calls. The last time I talked to someone at the dealership, I was told that they were "waiting on Keystone to ship a new kitchen countertop/sink unit." That was over 2 months ago.

Part of the problem is that up here, camping ends in September, for the most part, and doesn't resume until mid-April or May. So, no one is in a big rush to do much with RV-related activities. Another part of the problem is that Bish's service department has undergone several changes in managership, so we were told, and we keep getting lost in the changes. The final part of the problem is that our salesman, whom we really, really like, apparently doesn't work during the winters. That's a common thing at a lot of RV dealerships up here because sales are so slow between September and May. Without our salesman there, we have no "personal contact person" to help us.

Bottom line: If our RV has all the work done and done well, we'll live with the delay. But if we continue to get the runaround, we'll rethink our position. We have liked dealing with Bish's--liked it a lot--but we think Bish's should be calling us with updates, not us calling them to see what was happening with our Montana.
Wayne & Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote