Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
I'm a Granny!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone-Tyler Matthew made his debut in the world today, weighing in at 7 pounds, 13 ounces at 5:41p.m. He scores a 9.9 on his apgar score so he's brilliant already!!!! Or am I just prejudiced? Doesn't matter anyway, he's here. Mom and baby are doing fine. She had a hard time as they wouldn't let her have any water or ice chips as they thought they might have had to do a C-section on her. At one point, my son was encouraging her to breathe and she said she couldn't because her mouth was so dry. One of the Nurses went and got her a wet washcloth and gave it to her to suck on, turning her back on Deanna and told her that she didn't see her doing that. Thank goodness for compassionate nurses. They are so wonderful!!!
Betsy

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
otto0813
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5620
Congrats, Granny! There is nothing in the world like being a grandparent! So glad to hear the baby is perfect in every way! Now your fun starts!
otto0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Congratulations Granny! I know you are very proud! And, I agree, a compassionate nurse goes a long way!!!!!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Congratulations.
You now start to have fun. All the things your daughter did, you can now tell your grandson.
It goes like this, "When your mommy was your age she..........."
It's so much fun.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Congratulations!!

Enjoy grandmotherhood - it's the BEST!!!

Jo-Anna
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #6
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Congrats grandma!! Glad to hear that things came out the way they should and surgery wasn't needed. Now the time of spoiling is upon you. We are still waiting for our grandparent moments. Take lots of pictures and enjoy.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Oh Betsy!!! What great news amid all your medical problems. The only thing better than a puppy to make us feel better is a new grandbaby. Enjoy...I am up to eight now and number 3 great grandbaby is due early next month. Enjoy spoiling him. I always love to say..."If I knew grandchildren were so much fun, I would have had them first." LOL
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #8
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
My sister gave me a refrigerator magnet that says "Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers". Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.....

Nana Joan
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:26 AM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
FAB!!

Our best and HUGE HUGS!!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:29 AM   #10
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Betsy-- Congratulations on becoming a Grandma! We just became Grandparents about 2 1/2 months ago and it is great! Take all the pictures you can-- they change so much every week! We just can't believe how Evan has changed over this short time! Like Wayne and everyone says "Now this the time to really start to enjoy yourself-- and your grandson!" Just think later you can take him, spoil the heck out of him, fill him full of sugar and ideas and send him home to Mom and Dad! Enjoy!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:34 AM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Labmom,

Life is good! JOY, Joy, Joy!
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:38 AM   #12
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Congratulations!!! I think I read somewhere on this forum before....Grandparenting is our favorite hobby!!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #13
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
I am so jealous of you. you have a grandson and i only have five granddaughters. congratulations and my best to you and your family. enjoy him as much as you can grandchildren grow up so fast.
rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #14
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hey Rosetta-I wanted a girl but it was a good thing that didn't happen as the house would have had to have a second mortgage on it to buy things for the little one. But that is alright as there will be more. And, I am having fun shopping for this little one anyway. We will be meeting him for the first time sometime later this week or early next week. I can't wait.
I know that they grow up fast and I will be missing so much this winter as we are going to be gone. It will be hard. However, Christmas will probably come early to Tyler's Mom and Dad in the form of a digital camera or camcorder. We will decide once they get down there and talk to them to see what they prefer.
I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. This is the first for me so I am acting like an idiot and tend to babble on the phone to my son.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #15
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Betsy

Babies UNDERSTAND babble!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #16
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
I hope so, as that seems all I'm able to do lately. I just can't wait to get my hands on that little one. I wish my follow-up appointment with the cardiologist was on Monday, so we could scoot out of here on Tuesday. I know it is only one day earlier, but I am so anxious!!! I understand that he has a head full of blond hair!!!! But other than that, Mom couldn't tell me much as she was tired. I will keep you all posted unless you all get sick of it-just let me know.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #17
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations, Grammy!! I this the first? Grand parenting is great.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #18
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Nana Joan, I am also a Nana. My Mom was a nana and asked me yesterday what I was going to be called, granny or grandma and I told her NANA. She laughed. Gotta keep the tradition going.
Yes, this is the first, so I am going to hate leaving for the winter. I don't want to miss a thing. I know they grow and change so fast and I hate to miss it. That is why I mentioned that Christmas will come early to the new parents in the form of a digital camera or a camcorder or both.
And, Wayne, yes I can't wait to tell Tyler what his dad did when he was little, while filling him with sugar and love and things that mom and dad won't give him.
I love that refrigerator magnet. That is so true for my son who was a handful to say the least. Every year, I patted myself on the back as he had lived another year and told him how lucky he was to still be alive. He looks back now and thanks me for putting up with him.
Betsy
Old 10-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #19
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
You LUCKY lady! Congrats!
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #20
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Betsy-- We bought a Panasonic model PV-GS150. It is a video and a digital camera all in one! I would really suggest it! You can take the videos and while you are taking them you can put stills into the video and it also carries a digital SD card which you can take stills with also! It is great! The videos are taken on a small video tape but I have seen some that take them on a video disk also. I have taped and filmed three weddings and an anniversary party with it and didn't miss a thing both with the still shots and the video! Check them out! I think we bought ours at Best Buy! You would not believe all the shots we've taken of the new grandson also!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote