Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Checklist For Changes

Well, I ordered a number of items off of Amazon.. and started making changes today. Decided to pick up the RV from the dealer and worry about the window that needed replacement until we return from our trip in Aug... Service Mgr said it would likely take 3 or so weeks for the window to arrive.. Yep, Keystone. Then the repair. Well, as you all have mentioned.. "It can wait"

So today the first thing I did was to turn the rear 50A plug 90degree;to be able to use the 90degree;dogbone. Boy is that wire STIFF... Actually, there are three screws holding the receptacle in place.. so it was a bit more than a 90degree;turn.. but, it works

One item down.

Tomorrow, I'll install the two large levels on the outside.. one on the tongue and the other by the hydraulic switches on the side. I also bought a couple of sets of naugahyde? wheel covers as well as a naugahyde windshield cover for the truck.

If I have time, I'll begin laying out the location for the Progressive EMS. I did find an online store that sold me the remote display for $79 including shipping. Hope that ships tomorrow.

Last thing I'll do in this period is to wire brush the pinbox and a few other items that are developing rust. I'm guessing the rig was transported over salty roads during the early spring. Need to clean those parts up and spray with some rustoleum.

Hmm, there must be more to this checklist.....

Oh yes.. I bought some little pins from a company called E-Z Snap that allow me to put a sunscreen over the windows on the rig. Designed to allow easy up and easy removal before hitting the road. I'll start that on Saturday.

Anything else? We'll see.

GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Sounds like the beginning of addictive behavior modification disease (ABMD) also known as (A Big Money Drain)! The bad thing is that there is no known cure. Winters are the worst, since you have time to dream up all of the modifications that are wanted (not needed, wanted)!! Welcome to the ABMD club, thankfully membership is free!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Don't know Bingo.. I think the only thing other than normal maintenance I'd like to do is to add a smallish solar cell on the roof to keep the batts charged in the winter without having to plug in. Won't take much to keep them up. I've been thru all the big mods on RV's I thought we might full time in for a few years. I think that has goal has long passed. Now, it's just roamin and ramblin on short trips with my woodcarving pals every month.. followed by the "big" one we take in the summer in the Pacific NW.

Well, I MIGHT want to add a drinking water tap on the sink for filtered water... but, then again, if I have a whole house filter coming into the rig.. I don't really need that.. do I? See, talked myself out of another job.

But then.. what about a one of those portable satellite dishes.. or slide out covers.. of Fantastic Fan covers to leave the rig open in our winter rainy season.

And the b eat goes on...... and the beat goes on........

Love your Cross smashing SIN..... YES! I'd like one with Jesus wielding a sledge hammer made out of His blood to smash sin.. YES!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Make sure you clean the window frame real well before putting those snaps on. Or if you can put them on the fiberglass. I had a lot pull loose and I had to use some 6000 glue on them. We love those screens though.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If you have an Ipad or an iPhone there is a free app (rv companion) that turns your devise into a level. It will tell you how many inches you need to add to the side or front to back or both. Makes leveling easy. There may also be an app for other formats, but I only have Mac stuff.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #6
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Well, I'm waiting for remote display for the EMS. I took the wall covers off in the basement to look at the wiring, etc. OMGosh.. what a rats nest of wires down there. I know where the 50A wires are but, I'm real nervous about doing this myself. Initially, I thought "no big deal".. but, having second thoughts. If the remote display arrives before I leave, I'll find a location for that and route the connection thru the wall and into the basement. But for the actual wiring, I think I'll plain ol' need help. Argghhh.

Everything on the list is now done.. except the window snaps for the screens. I'm agonna hate drilling holes in the skin.. but.. gotta be done.

jsmitfl.. guess that answers the comment you made. I didn't buy the stick ons... I bought the screw in type... but, thanks for the comment.

Also got a 90 degree turn for the water inlet in the service compartment and ordered an adjustable water pressure regulator... waiting on that one tho.