Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
barmar
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8385
Bedroom Ceiling Separating

Part of the ceiling board/panel at a join is sagging/separating from the ceiling structure, as is the adjoining moulding strip that covers the joint between ceiling panels. It looks like the moulding strip is/was fastened with small finishing nails but how are the ceiling panels themselves afixed in place? Would appreciate any ideas as to how to fix this problem. There appears to be a sub-structural piece where the ceiling panels join--is it wood or aluminum and if the latter how do you re-attach the panels then the covering moulding strip? Thanks in advance.

barmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We just got our 3400 back from the dealer and that is one thing that they fixed. The panel material on the panel next to the front closet separated from the main part of the panel. I’m not sure it’s exactly like you described. The fix they did was to glue it back into place. I didn’t have a problem with the supporting strip and I’m not sure how it’s mounted. I must say that I’m impressed with the results. If yours has that problem you might want to consider using some glue on it. I don’t know what kind of glue they used but with a little investigating that might be the way to go depending on your situation.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Barry they are glued and small brad nailed into the metal truses. mine were coming loose and droping down last yr in some places so I took them all down they are a wood composite type mat. I went to lowes and got some oak and made new strips and installed them I put some pics on here. you can get a pc with a finish design on them there if you don't want to make your own. I screwed mine back up with 3/4 antique brass screws every 16" and I think it looks better than the factory ones. JMHO
bobby

[on edit] if you go to my profile and click on homepage there are pics of mine.
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote