Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Changing out the No Fuss Flush nossel

OK! Here is the scoop on the No-Fuss Flush nossel replacement on a 2004, 2980RL. reason for replacement plugged.
After calling several RV repair shops and my selling dealer the prices were out ragous from a low of 400.00 to a high of 600.00 but he wasn't sure it could be higer so I bit the bullet and started to remove all the sewer storage tubes and then the under belly, I was surprised that the area that was inportant to remove to get to the tank was only 8 foot by 4 foot a lot less than I was expecting that made it very simple with less to remove. I will inclose pictures so owner can see where the location of the Nossel is located on the waist tank.
first the kit and air gap and web site ACTIVE talked to the owners son very helpfull.

The next picture is tank type and number.

showing the pull valve

and pull valve rod.

the sensors location

showing the water supply going to the No Fuss spray nossel

and a close up showing how it is installed on the sidewalk side of the trailer.

and what it looks like before it is put in the holes are 1/16 " on the discharge side the owner said not to drill them too big or it will not work right he sugested one size bigger 3/64th" or the max size 1/8th" use the real sylicone to seal this piece also.

I am soaking the tank with some septic and line cleaner for another day to see if that will free it up, but Im this far I just as well change it out with a new kit.
I'll keep you posted with more infofmation if I run into ssomething.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Try 5 Star Happy Camper's Extreme Clean stuff for dissolving crud.

Thanks for the photos and info!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by snfexpress

Try 5 Star Happy Camper's Extreme Clean stuff for dissolving crud.

Thanks for the photos and info!

Thats what I use all the time Happy Camper two scoops for 40 gal even though all I need is one. I was interduced to that at FLYING FLAGS RALLY a few years back, they also have a heavy duty flush but I ran out of that last year.
Thanks for the sugestion Mike.