Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
adamsfamily
Established Member

M.O.C. #8885
Yuma AZ campground

Anyone know of a good campground near Yuma,AZ for kids?

adamsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
adamsfamily,
I have been holding off posting an answer to your question because I wanted to check the name of the park to make sure I had it right.

Yuma Mesa RV Park has a sign posted out front stating families are welcome. This would tell me children would be welcomed for extended stays. You did not tell the ages of your children and I do not know if Yuma Mesa has a playground for younger children.

Most of the parks are 55+. This does not mean they do not allow children in some of them. I have noticed children from time to time in the parks I have stayed in. All of them I have been in do not have playgrounds. There are other City Parks and other attractions to entertain the children around town.

Yuma Mesa RV Park is on 32nd St. just North of Araby Rd. and is listed in the Trailer Life Directory. 928-344-3369 is a phone number for them. Last years rates were $26 daily. Only 30 Amp Power, 103 spaces. Heated Pool. JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Adams Family,
Just saw your post. I haven't been on the forum much lately. As Jolu stated, there are several parks in the area, and many do allow children, but know of none that are set up for an over abundance of children. If you find a park to stay in but would rather have something more private, another alternative is to drive through the Foothills area and look for an RV lot for rent. There are many, many of them out here. Most with fences,gates, and out buildings with laundry/bath facilities, so if you have animals, and/or really young children, those kinds of places are ideal. Good luck. When you get here, shoot us a PM, maybe we can all get together for lunch or dinner?
Take Care,
Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote