Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Montanas as compared to

We spent all day looking at the following lines. Montana's, Cedar Creek, Carri-Lite, Carriage Camio and Cedar Creek Day Dreamers.
The finish and materials in the Cedar Creek Day Dreamer and Carri-Lite seemed better than the Montana. All had good floor plans and the Carri-Lite and Cedar Creeks were not much more than the Montana's. If any of you have first hand knowledge or experience of good friends on these brands I would appreciate your input.
Thanks

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The truth is that they are all about the same in terms of quality, workmanship, fit and finish. The are all built within a short distance of one another, use most of the same vendors , draw from the same "skilled old world craftsman" labor pool and use the same assembly line techniques of construction.. The probability that you will draw a good one or a bad one are about the same across the board.Look at the manufacturers record in customer service, find a dealer you can trust,
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bob,
I have a friend who has the Cedar Creek Daydreamer. They love it!! It has had a few problems, but nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing more than any of the Montana owners have experienced here on the MOC. They had a Montana before their Daydreamer and when time comes to replace their current coach they are going to get another Daydreamer. I have looked at them, and will consider them again when the time comes to replace my Montana. I really like the fact that with the Daydreamer you can get a full body paint which will be custom matched to your trucks paint code.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
When we were looking, that was our short list. We ended up with the Montana mainly because of the price, and layout. One of the things we wanted was a coat aloset at the door, which the others didn't have. We also didn't want anything over 32', and the Montana had the best one for us. Have never regretted our decision.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:40 AM   #5
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185

This is interesting, as I just looked at the Cedar Creek and a Cedar Creek Daydreamer at a camping world location in Florida. I had just the opposite opinion, The Cedar Creek did not compare to the fit and finish of my Montana and that was collaborated by others with me? Different strokes for different people. Everybody has different taste.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:15 AM   #6
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
I have a freind that runs the service dept at the local RV store and they deal in Cedar Creek. We looked at Cedar Creek before we bought our Montana and like them but we like the Montana better. But I need to agree with Rich on this one as when I returned to the Montana dealer for some service I had 1300.00 worth of my belongings missing when I picked up my trailer. Dealer never replaced any of them and I never signed a work order. Like Rich says and I whole heartedly agree find a dealer you can trust. Customer service is important. Al
BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:32 AM   #7
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
If I'm not mistaken - Montana is lighter weight then most which appealed to us as Chuck likes to have more truck than he needs to tow -
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Would someone correct me, but I think the Montana is way less money that some you listed, so comparing them is not quiet the same. How about comparing prices to prices?
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #9
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FulltimeFollies

Would someone correct me, but I think the Montana is way less money that some you listed, so comparing them is not quiet the same. How about comparing prices to prices?
The Cedar Creek is about the same price range, but the Carriage series is higher dollar.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
We went and looked at the carriage the other day. I loved the double floor system and the full body paint. Unfortunately, I Hated the only two floorplans they offer! Just would not work for us!
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Has anyone ever looked at the Canadian made Glendale Titanium 5th wheel? We saw several of their models today at a RV show and absolutely fell in love with one of their floorplans, model 34E39RE. It was the kitchen layout and the bathroom design that hooked us. I wonder how those compare to the Montana.

http://www.glendalerv.com/2007/Titan...anium2007.html
http://www.glendalerv.com/2007/Titanium/34e39re.html
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:32 AM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Now that is one nice kitchen layout but for a fulltimer it doesn't seem to have a whole lot of storage space. I guess I would have to see it in person.

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:35 AM   #13
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
We looked at the Titanium, and liked the layout and the kitchen, but when we got looking at the materials used, there was a lot of plastic moulding, and a lot of poor workmanship, however, that might have changed in 3 years. We see quite a few more on the highways these days.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:37 AM   #14
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I met a couple at Disney's Fort Wilderness. they had a Cedar Creek, when they bought it they had just purchased a new Chevrolet tow vehicle so their Cedar Creek was painted to match the paint code on the Chevy, guess what, the paint code was wrong on the VIN so the colors don't match, not funny.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:14 AM   #15
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Have to echo what many above have said -- the units overall are extremely similar (we go to RV shows every year and after 4 or 5 units they all start looking the same ; at the dealer lot when we went for our current unit we looked at six of the same models (different color scheme and washer/dryer options) and my wife and I were amazed (startled would be a better word) at the difference in workmanship between units. There is no way that the same person could have built three of those units the attention to detail / workmanship in the fit and finish varied so much. In any case, the final decision to buy came down to pricing which I now regret -- we really should have concentrated on dealer support after the sale. After the sale support has been lacking locally, we drive over 120 miles one-way now so that we go to a dealer who supports us. If we stay with the same make, we'll definitely buy there for the long-term service. (as the wife told me (but I didn't listen ), we deal with the salesman for a day, we live with the service department as long as we own the trailer!).
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:20 AM   #16
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Smart wife you have there skypilot.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #17
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
We had 2 carri-lites before we got our Monty- the quality was good on both units, but customer service was non-existant and the attitude was unacceptable to us- in addition, quality on newer units was not as good- just our experience- Don
DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #18
rnap50
Established Member

M.O.C. #4870
I look at all though trailer too the weight of the Montana and the floor we wanted was what I looked at when I bought mine. The dealer I bought from sells both Montana and Cedar Creek so that was not a problem I had to deal with them when we had bought our Cougar. So we new what service dept. was going to be like.
rnap50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:31 AM   #19
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Still like our Monty but we have sold it and ordered a CC that fit our family needs. With the 3685FL we gave up our living are for kids area thought it would work but did not give adults room to do anything when weather is bad. We found floor plan at CC, 35LQB that has double slide out in back for huge bunk house with two flip down sofas, along with double upper bunk, had, genset, w/d prep and full paint I wanted, so all and all works out better for us. We also liked the all enclosed bath room, like the Mountaineer has in it's 34PHT. If the Mountaineer would have had all extras we wanted may have went that way but they don't. Not too many high end 5th wheels offer rooms or areas for kids.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:59 AM   #20
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
Of course you can find a lemon in anything,but we meet a couple with a new Daydreamer last winter and they have had loads of trouble.The brakes went bad on the way to Yuma,one of the AC's did not work,two of the holding tank straps let go in the camp ground and some other problems.They were at the factory two weeks this summer but still have several problems.
Good luck on whatever you choice.
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote