Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Apollo Oven Glass

Just a wild guess, but I'll bet I'm supposed to remove the glass tray out of the Apollo oven before transporting??

I'm guessing this, as I just opened the door and all of the inner door glass spilled out into the kitchen. Apparantly the glass tray bounced up and punched it out.

Man, I haven't even had a chance to turn it on yet to fail.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Brad, this is why we travel with bread, roll, chips or something in the microwave. Been doing that for almost 15 years and never had the turntable break or break anything else. If we didn't do this, I'd take it out and wrap it in a dish towel and put it in the dish towel drawer with the wine glasses.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Sue, I have never thought to take the glass out. I do put breads and such in it while we travel but I did this b/c I didnt have room no where else. Thanks for the tips on this/
Brad, sorry this has happened to your microwave

Kathy
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I actually think it was broke when we took delivery. I remember looking at how abstract the glass was. I even looked inside and didn't notice anything wrong. I must have had my mind somewheres else

Thanks for the tips folks. I think I better just find a storage place for the glass tray - like under the bed. I'll forget once or twice to put food in there and I'll do it again.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Brad what size holes did you hit to get the tray to bounce like that? ] Brad this doesn't count new rig never used and they'll probaby send you a new micro, everyone else used theirs for a period of time. There's no way anyone ese will have a shorter lifespan. You win. I'm glad I'm not buying a new rv as I always find these probems before others find them. I can normally do what others (mfgs) say can't be done. I also have the bills to prove it.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Chuck, you put me in a better mood - hahahaha.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ordered a new door through Lynn for our Apollo. It was a whopping $35 so not worth the dispute with the Dealer as to when it happened.

Lynn suggested wrapping a dishtowel around the glass tray when towing. She also said it was a great little unit, but is sensitive to low voltage as a result of circuit overload.

Well, maybe shortly, I'll actually be able to turn it on.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #8
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
I keep a dish towel hanging on the stove oven door. This towel is used to wrap the glass turntable in the Apollo. I do take the plastic ring out and place it on top of the towel after wrapping and then add bread etc. When doing a visual check it is easy to spot that towel still hanging there and know I missed packing the glass insert.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote