Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2006, 04:14 AM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Christmas In The Monty

Our store is closing tomorrow until next year, soooooooo
Saturday morning, we're hooking up the Monty and we're outa here!

Going back down to our favorite new place - Cotton Hill Park.
A US Corp of Engineer Park by Ft Gaines, GA. East of Eufala, AL.
It's so beautiful there. Great sites, on the water, etc...

Never got out the Christmas stuff at the house yet, so I'm going to
take it all with us and decorate up the Monty!!
This is going to be soooo much fun to spend Christmas in the Monty on the lake.

We wish all of our Moc Family a peaceful Christmas and a great beginning in the New Year.

Love,
Dan & Lisa

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:59 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Have a wonderful time, Lisa. A friend told me that the Corp campgrounds around Lake Eufala are wonderful. We'll have to check them out next spring. We're close enough to pull our boat down there and REALLY have a great time. Any area that you especially like to park your Monty?

Have a blessed Christmas! What a way to celebrate!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:24 AM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Judy,
We are going to stay in the same section we did before : "Old Mill Road".
Last time we had site #23, which is a pull through and is up above the sites in front on the waters edge.
I liked it, but Dano wants to be on the water this time.

The sites 12-31 are reservable. All of the sites in that area are big & easy for any Monty to pull into.
It will be Dano's 1st time backing into a space! So far, a pull through has always been open.
But, since he can back the Monty down to our lake from our house up on the mountain,
along a narrow driveway by himself, I don't think he'll have a problem.
So, we'll see what's available when we get there,
they said we wouldn't need a reservation.

We walked over to the Pine Island area while we were there before,
and it would have been really nice over there too, but it was closed.
The Marina View area is set up more for smaller units.

They have a great walking trail. Can't wait to get back.
We're going with plenty firewood this time.
I love a good campfire on a cold winter's night.

We are definatly going to have to get together with you & Glen next spring!
Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Lisa, that is a great park, we also camped there this yr back in april. We also loved the park and like you say plenty of "elbow" room and good place to walk. Also deer ia plentiful there and will come really close to the trailer. Hope you enjoy and have good weather! and a merry christmas an happy new yr to you and your family!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We too are spending Christmas in our Monty here in FL. Went back to the summer house in WV last Christmas and had to shovel 2 feet of snow off the front deck to get to the door. Told our grown kids who normally decide at the last minute to spend Christmas with us that was the last year we would be doing the Christmas thing in WV. So this year we have a small tree in the Monty on the computer desk and have lights and a tree outdoors. I must say I have not missed the stress as there has been no stress!!! LOL Had one set of kids here last week (they did not stay in the Monty) and we celebrated an early Christmas at Disney. We have a rule for the Monty..."Cocktails for six, dinner for four, and sleeps two." Works for us.
Have a great and blessed Christmas!!!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Lisa,

I am jealous! I drove through there comiong back from Orlando a few years ago nad fell in love with the area. I have always wanted to go back there.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Please pardon the clutter in this picture. We had quite a number of Christmas gifts in here that forced other things to be moved into temporary locations. Unfortunately, this picture shows only a small portion of the decorating for Christmas that Vicki has done and really doesn't show even that very well. There are strings of lights with those leaf thingies draped around each downstairs slide as well as the tree.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 AM   #8
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Tom & Nancy Yeah, you know what I mean !!

Tom & Joyce Love your Monty rules !!

Phil Come on down !!

Steve & Vicki Your Monty really does look like home !!

Old 12-22-2006, 04:32 AM   #9
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Steve & Vicki, I love the decorations! Oh, I am so envious! Now, I just have to see lights on that pine tree outside your back window!

People think I am nuts I think as I sit in the dark and work on my computer in our stick house so I can look up and enjoy the Christmas lights I have up. I just love them! Oh, the simple pleasures of life. I even have clear lights on one of my tall floor plants. I even bought a really pretty table top, fiber optic tree that also has lights on it this year at K-mart, so when we finally do get our Monty I have a tree for it. I got rid of our other three Christmas trees I had. I just love this new tree and so does everyone that sees it. I have small wooden ornaments on it, some "candy" garland and real candy canes, and two red bows for the tree topper.

Merry Christmas!
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Christmas in the Montana..In Arizona. The tree, a small one, is blinking, the decorations are up and out the large back window we see barren desert wilderness with stark but beautiful mountains in the backround..Life is good...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #11
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Well, we had a very peaceful Christmas. There was only about 5 of us in the whole park! We stayed in site #25 and Dano backed in perfect the 1st time! Had the Christmas lights on the awning, along with the clear plastic doves, until we had to put the awning up for the wind. But I just transfered them to the pole and we had a really cool candy cane thing going on! Kept our fishing rods baited up and caught 5 big catfish in all. We had rain and wind and sunshine and beautiful sunrises and sets. The geese and the herons and the deer and the ...... such a beautiful place to stay!

We're back home now and over at friends house for a party until Sat night. I'm glad they have a computer, cuz I didn't realize how much I missed not having one for a week! And how much I missed all of you! Anyway, we're back and again Cotton Hill Park is a fantastic place to go. I think I'll go ahead and make reservations for next Christmas!!

Later, Lisa & Dan
Old 12-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #12
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Our experience was just a bit different. We drove home on Christmas Day (from Fort Worth). We looked all along I-20 for some place to eat, but found nothing open. We had another couple with us who had spent four nights with us in the Montana. As we neared Tyler, we knew of one restaurant that would be open there, even though it required a long drive around the loop and a good many miles out of our way. But when we arrived we were able to park in an adjoining lot because that business was closed. So we had Christmas dinner in the "China Cafe", a really nice place to eat, but unusual for Christmas dinner. We had eaten there on Christmas Day several years ago, but this was our first time with the Montana--and with friends.

My dear wife cooked us a "chicken and dressing" Christmas dinner the next day, Tuesday, December 26, or as our Aussie friends call it "Boxing Day". We are looking forward to welcoming Montana friends for New Years as they pass through on the way to the Valley.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:05 AM   #13
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
We spent Boxing Day here in the Great White North (aka Kanadian Korner) wishing we were in the Monty at some southern latitude. Instead, we spent the day at the Ontario Science Centre with the grandchildren. The big attraction, in addition to the usual array of wonderful hands-on science exhibits for the kids, was the Super Heroes Exhibit! A terrific time ... but one we all would have exchanged for a "pool day" somewhere in south Florida or the RGV!

Happy New Year to all and safe travels for those heading south and/or west.

Bill & Ann
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote