Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #21
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
We take the Filter Queen with us (canister w/power head and all attachments for small spaces) - have had this for years but works great. I have wanted to replace it as it is heavy being metal but doubt I would find anything I like better - I have a Eureka that I hate and is going to Good Will, of course maybe the new ones are better. I, like Carol, have a Bissell carpet cleaner here at stick house and am able to shampoo between trips when needed.

Safe travels.
Lorraine

ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:24 AM   #22
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Our is the 405A. You can get it at Sams for about $35.00. It does a great job on the rugs. We have 2 small dogs that seem to bring everything in with them. We are amazed when we go to empty the canister. (bagless)
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 05:18 AM   #23
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
FYI - for those of you wanting to look at the yellow Eureka "The Boss" Target has it in todays paper for $35 - has the telescoping handle. Best Buy has a Hoover canister compact w/power head w/telescoping handle for $60. Cleaning is always such a chore and finding the right vac that works on all situations such a challenge.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
Old 02-27-2005, 06:11 AM   #24
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve,

Here is one more thing I thought of while sweeping the Montana this AM. I have one of those little Green Machines (I think is made by Bissell), a small wet carpet cleaner, which I have on board. We had the unfortunate situation that when the Montana was less than 3 months old all 4 yorks got real sick for over a week while we were at Gun Lake. Needless to say the carpet took a few hits. I went out and purchased the Green Machine after that nightmare, and am happy to report, that I have never even figured out how to use it! They have never been sick like that again, and we are surely glad!

But, it is small enough that you could carry one and use it, although I have to admit I would not want to do the entire Montana with it. Could do areas tho!

I also carry carpet cleaners in spray bottles, I like one made by Woolite, is specific for pet cleaning, but also does a terrific job on oily spots that find their way into Montana. This AM while sweeping we found a small spot that looked kinda oily, got out the Woolite and cleaned that little spot right then, does a great job.

There is another cleaner that I am trying, available at Walleyworld, called Spot Shot, also says good for pet stains, a lot of the dog rescue people swear by this stuff. It comes in a presurized type can, I think I found in the the grocery aisles. The jury is still out on Spot Shot in the Stevens' Montana.

For what it is worth, hope these tidbits help someone!

Cheers, Carol and the 4 yorks!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:32 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Carol. We settled a few years ago on Resolve for spot cleaning the carpet. We've had excellent results from it, both in the Montana and our stick home.

I'd like to find a smaller vacuum cleaner that would clean as well as the larger one we currently use. We've tried several and have not been really happy with any yet. I don't think we tried a Eureka, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:02 AM   #26
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve,

Resolve is good, and used it for years, now I like the Woolite better, one of those personal choice items!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #27
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
We got this vacuum at Lowes before we started home from North Carolina when we picked up the Monty:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...75-73811-S2220

It seems to do "OK" for us. Don't know how it would do for fur, but I can report that it does well enough for feathers! It does have a beater bar. I have to empty the cup at least once during a cleaning session.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:53 PM   #28
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
ragdoll,

Thanks for the headsup on "The Boss" being on sale at Target. I picked one up for $35.00 and it really works great. I can't beleive the suction this thing has to be so small. The carpet brush works well too. Thanks again.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #29
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
fulltimedreamer,

Glad you were able to find "The Boss" and I am glad it works well. I was toying with going over and picking one up and giving it a try as taking the Filter Queen back and forth gets old but I do like all the attachments and power.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
Old 03-01-2005, 10:53 PM   #30
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Wow, a three page discussion on vacuums. Ain't we great?!!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote