Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
carl

M.O.C. #10667
Thanks For the Help !!

First post.

Would like to publicly thank member Mazeeff for his detailed information in the archived section regarding replacement of the Dometic remote thermostat system. Although I don't have a Montana, I do have the kissin' cousin Cougar (2005 model year) that also had the Dometic Remote A/C unit. As many of you with the 2005/2006 Montana's know, this A/C system was defective and the only fix was to replace the remote receiver unit with a wall mounted Comfort Control Center as well as replacing the control box in the A/C unit itself. Only after an internet search led me here and to the 36 page thread on this issue, did I find detailed step-by-step instructions on how to replace the unit from Mazeeff. The ability to do this myself saved me I imagine, several hundred dollars in labor at an RV repair facility (although I did ask two local dealers to work on this for me and both were less than eager to even look at my unit - so much for RV dealers needing repair work !). So again even though I don't have a Montana I am grateful to the members here who provided the information and knowledge to get my Cougar back in service.

carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
We're a boat load of information here, and retro fitting all the time. Isnt that what the MOC forum is all about Helping others.