Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Pictures to DVD Software

Interested to know what software you are using to take digital pictures and burn them on to DVD's so they play on a DVD player on the TV?

I have some software that came with my computer but it only allows 99 pictures then you need to put another 99 in a different category. I want to be able to cycle through about 300 pictures, and repeat without intervention.

Must be DVD, but all ideas are welcome.
Bob

rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
Send a message via MSN to Ramblin Roadrunners
I use a program called Nero. You can burn DVD's and CD's with it as well as code and recode movies and music.
Jay D.
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Picasa (free from Google) will let you burn to a CD, not sure about a DVD though.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
I also just converted all of my high 8 mm and vhs family videos to DVD so I could pack the origionals away in safe keeping and backed them up on a 350 meg external hard drive as well as CD's and DVD's. I have my complete collection of memories to take with me on the road. The hardware and software to convert High 8mm and VHS videos can be found at Best Buy over in the comouter dept for about $ 50. You plug it into the RCA leads of your VHS and camcorders and the other end to USB port of your computer and copy to your hard drive. After coping to hard drive you use Nero to convert to CD's And DVD.
Jay D.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
350 gig external hard drive not 350 meg.
Jay D.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I use the suite of software that comes in Apple computers. The software called Family pack includes iphoto, imovie, iDVD, and itunes. Tho software is well integrated, incredibly easy to use and very powerful. There are two ways to make a dvd. The first is to simply export the photo album from iphoto to a DVD. You will be prompted to select a theme for the title page and for theme music. Then just burn it.

The second way is to pass the photos through iphoto on the way to iDVD. This allows you to mix photos and video footage and make your photos come alive with the "Ken Burns" effect. You can voice over and mix audio in several ways. There are libraries of title and transition schemes. The result is a first class movie. , This second method has a slightly longer learning curve to take full advantage of the possibilities but well worth the effort.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jay D.

I also just converted all of my high 8 mm and vhs family videos to DVD so I could pack the origionals away in safe keeping and backed them up on a 350 meg external hard drive as well as CD's and DVD's. I have my complete collection of memories to take with me on the road. The hardware and software to convert High 8mm and VHS videos can be found at Best Buy over in the comouter dept for about $ 50. You plug it into the RCA leads of your VHS and camcorders and the other end to USB port of your computer and copy to your hard drive. After coping to hard drive you use Nero to convert to CD's And DVD.
Jay D.

Jay, what about a super old Super 8 mm movies? Is there a way for that to be done. I understand the VHS but we don't know how Dick's old families projector would be able to plug into a computer?

Thanks for the information though as we have some VHS tapes we'd like to convert. Does one have to have Nero to convert them or are will other software like Sonic work?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Several years ago, I took the old 8mm and Super 8, set up the projector and screen, then set the old analog video camera on a tripod and started playing the old time movies on the screen. I used the analog video recorder (Sony) to record what was showing. I even had music in the background for fill.

I was quite happy with the results. We painted the inside of the house and I put that video cassette in a safe place to some day transfer to (then CD) DVD. It's still in the same place, very, very safe, if you know what I mean. So, I have every intention of repeating the performance with the new digitial camcorder. Digital camcorder is easier to transfer to DVD. I can even plug it into the DVD burner I have for the television and record directly to DVD. But I'll probably use the iMac features for editing. I also have several programs for the PC. "Dazzle," comes to the top of the mind. Well, it's the one the little man running back and forth brought out.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I transferred all of our VHS tapes to DVD. My father had converted all of our old 8mm to VHS via a camcorder I even have one that a cousin took of me when I was 1 year old! That was 66 years ago! I purchased a converter than transferred them to digital and the software that came with it created the DVD. I can't remember the name of the program or converter but if someone wants to know, I will find it.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:58 AM   #10
Ramblin Roadrunners
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7616
The name of the antilog to digital converter is Pinnicle. In the sofeware program dept at Best Buy they sell a software program with the Pinnicle device included for about $100. I already had the Nero software or I might have bought it. I don't know how you would convert 8 mm film to digital.
Jay D.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I had some old 8mm transferred to DVDs, and it was done basically the way Wayne described. Came out very good. I had it done in Longview, TX; IIRC correctly the place that did it was called DVD Memories.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The converter & software I used was InterVideo Win DVD. You hook up the converter to your analog device (I did VCR as well as our analog 8mm camcorder), it converts to digital, allows you to delete, make modications, add stuff, etc., then burns a DVD. I paid under $75 for it.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Thanks All, I found that I have InterVideo Win DVD on my laptop from Toshiba, and have used that for my project.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote