Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Now let's figure out TV

Hey gang! Well, the CG hasn't had the Internet installed yet, but here I am sitting at the kitchen table cruising the Internet. Don't know how, and I ain't askin!

Anyway, now that this is being handled and we have phones, I want TV. Cable is not an option because the cable company doesn't bring cable out this far. Satellite won't work because we DO NOT have a view of the southern sky. Too many mountains, trees, moose, bears, oh my! Sooooo, I have read about ways to watch TV online. Educate me. Thanks!

If it's Alex I need to talk to, we've made friends with him!
Tammy

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Well if you can get things sorted out up there, it sure gives me hope that I'll be able to one day...what fun...and it sounds like quite a fun challenge too. At least with internet you have access to information now.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Oh gosh, don't you know it. I am so excited to have internet. Not sure how long it will last. May lose it overnight, but I am catching up on some serious stuff. (Bernie and I think it's a weather fluke that's giving us Internet at the rig today). Don't care why.

The CG owners here (Tom & Kari) are super and are really going the extra mile to get us some technology. Now, I am determined to get me a way to watch TV and then I'll be all set. It's definitely doable, it just gets frustrating sometimes! But I have learned with all the technology out there today, a little TV isn't going to stop me. If we can put rockets in space, Tammy can figure out a way to watch the evening news!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
I know you can go to www.nbc.com and watch shows, would think the other networks would be the same.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Thanks c5racer. I found Big Brother, among others, on CBS, Cops on Fox, the website for the local news stations in Anchorage. I just can't figure out how to watch American Idol. I don't see it as a watch on demand on the fox website. Oh, I need my AI. Well, I don't need it, but I want it.
Tammy
Old 02-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Tammy,have you tried
http://www.americanidol.com/

4 more juts got knocked off tonight, so they are down to 8 male and 8 females left.

rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
I did rogue, but I can't find anyway to watch the entire episode, only excerpts. I did some googleing and may have found something, but since Bernie is the computer guru he can choose. Youtube may be a possibility, not sure.
They are already down to 16? Ugh....
Old 02-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Icehouse,
In the thread "Let Us Entertain you," I posted
Try This And Let Me Know

Edited: Some computers have a DB-25 output to hook up to another monitor or video device. You may even be able to get a conversion cord from DB-25 to HDMI or RGB to the TV for big screen viewing.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Hi Wayne, Have you actually tried satellite tv cube? The few reviews I found were not very flattering. I would love to know if anyone has tried it.
Thanks,
Bernie
Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #10
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I haven't tried it personally, but I love the idea. I have tried Joost, which is a peer to peer internet television experience, and have not been impressed with the quality. Too many drop outs of the signal and I have broadband speeds here at home. On the road I would think it would be nearly unwatchable. I don't think it's ready for prime time yet.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:08 AM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
No. My original post was to see if any one had tried it. There were no responses to that affect. I looked at their web site and it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. Right now they are advertising for $49.99 (Vice 299), a one time fee. Just don't eat steak out once next month in Alaska and that would pay for it.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:28 AM   #12
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Soooo, you've eaten out in AK eh?