Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #1
Mac & Dee
Established Member

M.O.C. #21936
new purchase

looking at purchasing a new Montana legacy 3930fb. Does anyone have one and any issues to look for?
Mac & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
martyperu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13316
We have a 3920fb which is basically the same trailer except for tub. We really like the floor plan.
Have only owned for a couple of months and no major issues. With two black tanks, flushing set up was a bit confusing but both tanks do have flushes.
We did tweak a bit by adding shelves in some closets but one has to use it first to see what personal modifications are needed.
Overall very happy. Floorplan perfect for us.
Hope you enjoy ss much as we are.
martyperu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
3921fb

What marty said x2
We spent Feb + 2 weeks in March full time in it + we have been out several times since. No major issues. We love it. I consider the following list minor and I have or will address them myself.

- I have two spots where interior wood trim has bowed up maybe 1/2" - I fixed one already and will fix the other soon.
- I have Dish Network with a tailgater...many many threads on the splitters Keystone uses. I have beat the issue for now and plan to install direct coax link from docking station to Dish black box soon.
- I had a Bose sound bar bought from Sams for previous RV so i put it in the Monte and bypass the little built-in speakers for our TV watching.
- We like to listen to AM talk radio - but the radio in our past 2 units + the Monte are pathetic-to-nothing but static for AM reception. Based on info in the forum, there could be an antenna rolled up behind the radio. It is on my list to check. I notice Forest River still installs outside radio antenna on Cardinals. Wish we had an outside antenna for AM radio listening.
- It would be nice if they labeled the switches in the control panel (ceiling fan, front cap lights etc) - I added labels.
It would be nice if they labeled the black tank flush connections or maybe use black plastic covers. They are white just like fresh water connection. I figured it out after a while.
- In hot TX summers - A/Cs struggle to keep it tolerable in living room and bedroom. Nightime is no problem. Intend to add 3rd AC someday.
- slow rise shades...I need to work on a couple of them to get them to work correctly.
- the leather pad trim above the entry door pulled off the wall on one side. I fixed it already.
- the hatch door on the outside TV started leaking at some point. I find bits of water in the bottom of the TV compartment. No issues with the TV however. The door is not sealing uniformly to the rubber gaskets. I intend to get this fixed by dealer under warranty later this year.
- wish ours had a handrail on the steps to the bedroom. Looks like the 2019s have a handrail. I need to add one.
- Thetford toilets have worked fine so far (no leaks) - but based on knowledge from this forum I will install a Dometic 320 in the front bath this week. The half bath toilet will be replaced later in the year or as soon as my money tree grows some new leaves.
- on demand hot water has been fantastic for showers and tub. In cold weather DW supplements tub with teapot full of boiling water. Now, during summer - I may need to turn the water temp down a bit!! It is set on 128* now and it comes out very hot with warm summer city water.
- I added covers over the skylights vents.
- in-house vacuum works great!
- residential fridge is great!
- we intend to add washer/dryer separates someday...money tree thing again.
- LCI lift system is friggin' amazing.
- No problems with the half bath door yet. Some folks have trouble with the door...but I speak to it kindly everytime I go by...good boy! keep up the good work.
- The cabinet door to the control center...oh man...you will forget to close it and bump your head on it multiple times...but when DW hits her head on the door - that is when you will do the research on the forum and come up with a fix so that you NEVER leave it open again.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Mac & Dee
Established Member

M.O.C. #21936
Thanks for the replies. Just put in order for the 3930fb. Hope to have it by first of September or before. How long is the shoreline cord on the reel? I can't find any info on it.
Mac & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #5
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Dee View Post
Thanks for the replies. Just put in order for the 3930fb. Hope to have it by first of September or before. How long is the shoreline cord on the reel? I can't find any info on it.
Just judging by looking at my den (trying to imagine the cord here) - I’m going to guess it is 20’ long - 25’ seems too long - but that is just a guess not a measurement. I have a 15’ 50 amp extension cord and have not had to use it yet.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #6
newbold

M.O.C. #19922
Control center cabinet door

We had the same issue with that door. The fix is simple and as far as we are concerned much better since you are using the control panel often - just take the door off and use colored wood filler in the screw holes.
newbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #7
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Excellent! Congratulations from WA.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote