Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #21
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Gyro, I think you must have them. You just have to look. It is like a treasure. Keep looking. I went out in the rain to find the hidie holes. I started looking by the right side window in the bedroom by the bed. Then I read the post again, and realized that it is the window next to the sink, above the 6 drawer chest. Put your hand on the top of the wood trim. IF it is there you will feel a small hole to put your fingers in. Pull that up and that is #1 hiddie hole. Then if you are facing the window it is on your right hand side. It is hinged so reach to the outside of the frame and pull it open. That is # 2 hiddie hole. Good Luck Kathi

Montana_2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #22
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Gyro, Paul said just watch out for the snake.......
Old 05-04-2005, 07:46 AM   #23
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
After reading this thread I hurried out to check ours for the secret compartments! Alas there are none. Even though it is a 2005 3400RL we have cabinet storage above the large window that is over the chest of drawers--just like the ones in the dining and frontroom. Oh well, we do have the Brinks safe and that's pretty neat.
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #24
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Wow, I guess that we were really lucky then. Cuz we have the hiddie holes and the pointy thingies. And the druggies didn't screw up our Monty. Wow what luck. The only thing that we are having problems with is there is something black that keeps falling down from under the trailer just below the entertainment area outside the 5ver. We have tried to tie it up with tie raps but when we came home this morning, it had fallen down again. So we will be taking it back to the dealer and have them fix that. At that time Kathi said she will show them our new treasures that she found.
Paul
Old 05-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #25
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Well, it appears as though we’re not the recipients of any hidden treasures.

The little panel in from of our sink only has a plastic tray for sponges or whatever, and if I feel around the inside, I only come up with a splice on a couple of wires.

There is no wood trim around the window next to the bedroom sink/medicine cabinet. Only thing on the top is the top of the day/night shade. Nothing behind the valences at either side of it.

We was robbed!

Boo Hoo,
Steve

P.S.

At least we don't have a SNAKE!

:-O
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:15 PM   #26
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Steve, wow, I think you were robbed. Thats not fair. Maybe those guys that got fired for drugs thought they could leave their marks on a few 5vers by putting hiddie holes in them. LOL> I don't know what to say. I know that I have it all. The pointy thingie in the drawer below the sink and I have 2 hiddie holes in the bedroom. What can I say. I am speechless. And they can't even send you any. That is a bummer. But look at your truck, now that is the bomb. So they say now days. That is a beautiful setup. Our truck is the color of the maroon. I didn't pick the color. If I had my wishes I would have picked white or the blue on the 5ver. But it was Pauls choice this time. He bought me a Camaro and the color was mystic teal. It changed colors from green to blue to purple to black etc. It all depended on how the light hit it. But we experienced to many electrical problems with it. So I told Paul it was his turn to choose what he wanted. He was retiring so he decided on the truck so that we could pull the new Montana. Iam happy I have the Montana. So he can do whatever he wants with the truck. Kathi
Old 05-05-2005, 06:32 PM   #27
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Kathi,

Well. Now we ALL know just where to look in your rig while you people are out buying new stuff to hide!

And, we’ll have a great place to get rid of any pesky snakes!

Given all the stuff we’re enjoying with this Monty, I’m not going to whine, (TOO LOUDLY,) about not having pointy thingies or hidey-holes.

Kim told me that we had to buy a new Monty with the new graphics, the first day we went on the factory tour and saw the test models outside the factory. Since she loved them for the graphics, (I liked the sensible new features,) we decided that when we bought a truck capable of hauling the weight we have, it’d be white.

We preferred to get a truck that was all white. But things worked out with this one with the gold colored trim. We had to buy the graphics from the back sides of the rig, rather than the bigger from the front sides, with a sun on them, because the gold crimped the size we could cope with. But it does kind of work out.

Still, I like the tailgate “graphics” I had Auto Trim Design put on for me. (Kim really wants to get the thing off the tailgate, though! I just can’t figure out why, yet….)

Check it out: http://www.mosquitonet.com/~gyro/TRAVELS/350-2.jpg

I do hope the folks who see that and feel compelled to comment realize that Kim’s got a concealed carry permit, and the gun’s in the truck!

Oh, hey! I love that mystic teal paint you have on the Camaro. It's like the car's doing some sort of "transformer" thing when it goes by on the road.

Steve

Old 05-05-2005, 06:47 PM   #28
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Uh oh!

I’d better get busy figuring out what to get Kim for our anniversary, tomorrow!

I had my mind on letting her in on the Hidey-Hole, and Pointy Thingy.

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

Steve
Old 05-06-2005, 02:46 AM   #29
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Well Happy Anniversary to you both.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:02 AM   #30
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
After reading all these posts about hidey-holes, I'm getting jealous! Anyone know if they added those extras in 2000? I know we don't have a safe unless it's hidden under the bed, under the plywood. I've got to see if Keystone can give me a spec sheet on our 3255RL - the previous owners didn't leave anything like that in the rig.
Gyro - the Montana graphics on the truck look good, and I really like the tailgate question!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #31
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sunshine

[...] I've got to see if Keystone can give me a spec sheet on our 3255RL - the previous owners didn't leave anything like that in the rig.[...]
Before I went to look at our previously loved Monty, I called up Montana and they faxed me a copy of the invoice sheet that listed all the options and features it was originally shipped with. It isn't a "spec" sheet, but it is nice to know for sure what it started out with. Have your VIN # handy if you call for yours.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sunshine, the hidey holes are unique to the 2005 model.

If your 2000 3255RL is like our 2003 3295RK, then the safe is a lockbox in the shoe locker between the bed and the bath area. Vicki tells me our 2001 2880RL did not have this so maybe those were not available until 2002 or 2003.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #33
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paul Landau

Well Happy Anniversary to you both.
Paul,

Thank you!

I stayed up all night, last night, fretting over our upcoming switch to satellite TV, and wondering which dish mount to get, and how I’d get two feeds into the TV cabinet, when we only have one connector on the side of the rig.

That meant I took the dogs out really late last night, and really early this morning. Kim got to sleep in.

Then, we drove over to Mount Vernon, and did the tourist thing. Had a nice time and took gobs of pictures. (I wish they’d let you take pics inside the main house, but that’s a no-no.)

We had a nice dinner at Olive Garden in Manassas, on the way home. Kim loves OG!

I’m still up, though. I just have to calm down. I’ll take the doggies out again, and then hit the sack. Tomorrow, I take Kim to the local festival. I have no idea what it’s about, but Kim wants to go.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 05-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #34
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sunshine

Gyro - the Montana graphics on the truck look good, and I really like the tailgate question!
Thanks!

We are always getting "looks."

Kim's sure they're waiting to check her rear end out.

I know better.

Steve
Old 05-07-2005, 06:37 AM   #35
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Thanks for the info Steve. I've checked quite a few places in the trailer for lockboxes, etc. and haven't found any yet. Must be something they started later, like you say. Darn!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #36
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Well, I'll be!

When I joked to Kim about this thread, today, she told me there darn sure IS a "pointy thing" in the small panel under the sink.

There it is. Under the sponge. She has yet to place her rings there while washing, though.

I'll move the sponge and give her "the look," next time she's washing dishes, and see if she doesn’t use the pointy thing.

Can't let a feature go to waste!

Steve
Old 05-08-2005, 04:56 PM   #37
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Kim, You go girl. It takes a women to find these things. Paul would have never even known about any of it if I wouldn't have showed him. I probably shouldn't have, that way I could have hid some money and stuff from him. We went to Laughlin this past weekend. And guess what? I bet on the Kentucky Derby. I bet $5. on Bellamy Road. I didn't really like him, so I took a long shot and bet on Giacomo $2. cuz I thought he was really pretty. And darn if he didn't win. I was shocked. But we didn't waste any time going to cash in the ticket. On $2. I got $104.00. Now that is just not like me. I don't bet or gamble. But I couldn't resist. That paid for our RV site for 3 nights. Then we gambled the rest away. Well it is only money right? Kathi
Old 05-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #38
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Gyro, what are you so sleepless about. It will all work out. Paul
Old 05-10-2005, 02:35 AM   #39
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
FOUND IT!!! Never would have looked there except by accident and this forum.
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:20 AM   #40
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Kathi,

Kim sure does "GO GIRL!"

She knows me so well that she can help avert obvious problems and such, even before I know they might be coming!

She is also one to loves to go to Vegas, etc. She doesn't gamble a lot, and quits when her allotted funds are gone. But she's had lots of fun for hours and hours at just a wee cost.

That's great that you got that extra cash from the horses. WAY TO GO!

Enjoy!
Steve